Is the ability to swap email or landing pages template coming?

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Is the ability to swap email or landing pages template coming?

I read somewhere in the community that Marketo is working on a feature that will allow users to swap email or landing page template. Is there a planned release date?

13 REPLIES 13
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Re: Is the ability to swap email or landing pages template coming?

For Free-form landing pages, Marketo already gives you the power to change the Landing Page template, if you use the Clone Tool, then at the bottom, you can change the Template to a new one, unfortunately this isn't the case for the Guided Template. Using Snippets to change your Email Design, gives far more flexibility than using different Email Templates, I had 150 email templates before for different designs, now I'm using Snippets, I have 1 Email Template with 150+ Snippets. If you ever want to decommission a email template (active emails or archive), go to each email and add a comment (<!-- -->) to the top of the template in the replace HTML section (Edit an Email's HTML​). It's a lot of work but when you see the power of Snippets as a Template Design tool, you'll never look back. Also look at this trick for collapsing empty mktEditable Sections​ in case you feel one template doesn't answer all your template problems.

I hope this helps a bit, in the period where Marketo develops the ability to change easily.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Alex,

It's been mentioned a couple of times before and there's even some ideas floating around somewhere. Take a look and vote for them.

As far as I know it's on Marketo's radar, but they've probably got some bigger fish to fry in the meantime.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Oh My... Some ideas on this are 5 years old:

And I probably missed a few

-Greg  

Alex_Stanton1

Absolutely - my question was referring to something I read that was hinting at a release in the not-too-distant future. It looks like it is coming soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should be released soon.  Hopefully Q1 of 2016

Alex_Stanton1

That is excellent news Jamie!

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

In some on my recent interactions with MKTO team, there are chances that this would be coming in Q2 update. For Q1, MKTO is focusing more on fixing issues and enhancements for Guided LP templates.

mkal88
Level 1

I know this is a 7 yr. old post ... but did this feature ever get implemented (or will it ever)? 

I don't see an option for changing the template of a cloned landing page.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I don't think it will ever come.

Mainly because it's somewhat impossible: If you change an email template or a guided LP template, you might change the editable sections. And that makes it hard to imagine that you could clone an email with sections A, B and C into a new template with sections A, B, C and D.