SOLVED

Lead Source and Acquired By

Go to solution
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Lead Source and Acquired By

Hey everyone! 

I am working through an issue that I could use some guidance on.

We used to host all our content on marketo landing pages, from my understanding this works very well for the "

cookiemonstersa_0-1669128957400.png

Because we are hosting on Wordpress now, from my understanding "

Does it make sense for me to just remove the acquired by and simply make sure the field is blocked from updates, as the person source should only get filled out once? Or stop it from being updated in the flow. 

Thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Lead Source and Acquired By

Well, "Acquired by" is a system-managed field that is set to True when a person comes to the system by a particular program and in that case, the "Acquisition Program" would also have the program name set by Marketo. Marketo auto-populates the "Acquisition Program" name if a new person comes via the local form and LP in the program. In other cases, you'd need to set the "Acquisition Program" name manually using a CDV flow step (you'd not be able to change the "Acquired By" field unlike the "Acquisition Program" field).

Given this background and your case of using Marketo forms on external webpages, I think you can safely remove the "Acquired By" constraint (as it not be set to True unless Marketo populates the "Acquisition Program" name on its own). You can also add field blocks on the Acquisition Program Name field so that the value doesn't get overridden once written for a person.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Lead Source and Acquired By

Well, "Acquired by" is a system-managed field that is set to True when a person comes to the system by a particular program and in that case, the "Acquisition Program" would also have the program name set by Marketo. Marketo auto-populates the "Acquisition Program" name if a new person comes via the local form and LP in the program. In other cases, you'd need to set the "Acquisition Program" name manually using a CDV flow step (you'd not be able to change the "Acquired By" field unlike the "Acquisition Program" field).

Given this background and your case of using Marketo forms on external webpages, I think you can safely remove the "Acquired By" constraint (as it not be set to True unless Marketo populates the "Acquisition Program" name on its own). You can also add field blocks on the Acquisition Program Name field so that the value doesn't get overridden once written for a person.