Re: How to report on program member custom fields

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How to report on program member custom fields

Now that program member custom fields (PMCF) are available for our use, I'm curious as to how we can use these in our reporting?  They cannot be used in smart lists - when using smart lists to show a simple grid of member data - since that just uses data from lead records (when we want the data to appear in the grid).  They're not available in RCE - which is a shame, since this is where we do most of our reporting/analysis (especially using the Program Membership Analysis - you would think that these would be contained here by default).  

18 REPLIES 18
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

@Badsah_Mukherji do you have any insight?

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Badsah_Mukherji
Marketo Employee

Hi, sorry, I have not been receiving notifications in email when someone tags me in Community. Have to fix that. In any case, Marketo Analytics PM Clark Kibler has started discovery on PMCF in reporting with at least one customer interview, I believe. If you are interested in discussing use cases and requirements, let me know and I'll connect you.

Badsah Mukherji (he/him) | Senior Group Product Manager, Adobe Marketo Engage and B2B Customer Journeys | ADOBE
ckibler
Marketo Employee

@Dan_Stevens_ sent you a private message regarding this.  Thanks!

Marissa_Memmott
Level 2

Hi there, I'm also very interested in any insights about using PMCFs, particularly in reporting. Was very excited to see this new option, but it seems very limited as to what we can actually use it for. Any updates?

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I'd be really interested to get involved too. Have a use case that would be great to include.

Badsah_Mukherji
Marketo Employee

@Marissa_Memmott and @Katja_Keesom , I have forwarded your names to Clark. Thanks for your interest.

Badsah Mukherji (he/him) | Senior Group Product Manager, Adobe Marketo Engage and B2B Customer Journeys | ADOBE
bryanman1
Level 1

My team also have a valid use case for PMCF reporting and would like to share with Marketo product team on this.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Is there anywhere I can find more info on this or do I need to talk to a PM?

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Any update here, interested to learn about reporting for those fields, specially because the Object Descriptions contains Company, so I am thinking it could be good for account scoring....