SOLVED

Re: Marketo Instance Setup

Go to solution
Saurabh_P
Level 1

Marketo Instance Setup

Hi,

We have taken the Marketo subscription recently and wanted to understand the best practices while setting up the instance. Also it'll be great if you can share the setup checklist based on your experience.

Regards,

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Kelly Jo and Katja. You need to hire an expert to do your implementation. Marketo is complicated and very flexible, and it's a huge mess if you don't start out with a good foundation. Otherwise it's like buying a Ferrari and not getting your driver's license. Marketo offers implementation services, and there are also Marketo partners that do implementation as well as ongoing consulting. I have used Etumos and Digital Pi and can recommend them both. Yes, it's going to cost you more money up front, but you're going to save a lot of money and headache down the road.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Wow, that's something you are asking there. Setting up an instance has several components like basic configuration, CRM integration, migrating data and campaigns from your old platform, setting up your basic campaign structures. Do you have any users with experience in the platform or an agency helping you?

Saurabh_P
Level 1

Thank you so much for the reply. I am an MCE and have done many implementations. I was just curious to know your experience and best practices you followed.

KellyJoHorton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Do not do this yourself if you haven't done it before. Especially the DKIM and SPF for branded landing page domain and email links.

There is a very long list of best practices to consider in these buckets:

• Governance
  • Naming conventions
  • Custom permissions and roles
  • Integrations
  • Landing page and email templates
  • Segmentations
  • Operational programs

And the list goes on. 

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Kelly Jo and Katja. You need to hire an expert to do your implementation. Marketo is complicated and very flexible, and it's a huge mess if you don't start out with a good foundation. Otherwise it's like buying a Ferrari and not getting your driver's license. Marketo offers implementation services, and there are also Marketo partners that do implementation as well as ongoing consulting. I have used Etumos and Digital Pi and can recommend them both. Yes, it's going to cost you more money up front, but you're going to save a lot of money and headache down the road.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Saurabh_P
Level 1

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am an MCE and have done many implementations. I was just curious to know your experience and best practices or something you followed during the implementation

Regards,

Saurabh

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Chiming in to agree with the others.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Saurah, 

Please go through the Marketo Docs it has everything you are looking forward for.

Thanks

Tags (1)