SOLVED

Token-based emails & dynamic content

Go to solution
Jmhayes
Level 2

Token-based emails & dynamic content

We're currently working on streamlining our email templates and expediting our production process by making all our templates "token-based".  Below is an example of how one of our token-based emails is set up:

This is how the email looks in the editor view:

Token-based email.png

This is how it looks from the "my tokens" view from the program level:

Token screenshot.png

Is it possible to use this setup for dynamic content? For example, some of our communications are translated into 8 different languages. It would be great if there was a way to be able to use this set up (and not have to create 8+ different emails for each language). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Token-based emails & dynamic content

A Velocity {{my.token}} (not a Text {{my.token}}) can definitely output different content based on Segments. That's one of Velocity's somewhat secret powers: the ability to consider multiple Segmentations, together with other logic, at the same time to decide the final output.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

As it is in fact different content, you would need to create 8+ of something. Hypothetically I'd say you could make different tokens per language version and make the email dynamic and add the different language version tokens in the different segments. Not sure whether that would save you much time though.

To my knowledge you can not make a token dynamic, but again, you would still need to put the different language version of the text in there for all you permutations even if you could.

There are translation tools out there that have integrations and could push your translated versions via the API if you want to really automate your process.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A Velocity {{my.token}} (not a Text {{my.token}}) can definitely output different content based on Segments. That's one of Velocity's somewhat secret powers: the ability to consider multiple Segmentations, together with other logic, at the same time to decide the final output.