Re: Help us improve drag-and-drop in Adobe Marketo Engage

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Help us improve drag-and-drop in Adobe Marketo Engage

Hello Marketing Nation,

Our UX team is looking to improve the drag-and-drop function in Adobe Marketo Engage. Please read the questions below and let us know in the comment section if you have any thoughts or feedback! 

1. How do you currently use drag-and-drop? How easy or difficult is it to perform this action?
  2. What can be improved with drag-and-drop? Are there any areas where you would like this functionality that don’t currently have it?

Thanks,

Jon

21 REPLIES 21
Joke_Van_Essche
Level 3

Hi Jon, I mainly use the drag-and-drop in a program, and then in particular because when I click create "New Local Asset" in/on a program-subfolder, the actual asset is created on the program level and not in the subfolder I had selected. If that would be solved, I would in fact use drag-and-drop a lot less 😉 

CandiceTandiono
Marketo Employee

Hi @Joke_Van_Essche,

I'm a UX Designer on the Adobe Marketo Engage team. Thank you for your response! 

If you have time, we're looking to get some more in-depth feedback around drag-and-drop in a 45-min feedback session. We're exploring some bulk move concepts but would love to hear any other comments/suggestions you have re: your DND usage.

We'd love to get your thoughts. Feel free to sign up for a session here: https://calendly.com/tandiono/. If you can't find an open time slot that works for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at tandiono@adobe.com and I can adjust my schedule.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you,

Candice Tandiono

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

In Design Studio I'll use a "Testing/Staging" folder and a "Production" folder. As things are getting put together and approved they live in the Testing folder and then I'll drag-n-drop them to the Production folder from there. It would be really handy to be able to bulk-move pages from one folder to another by using something like a multi-select drag-n-drop if that's possible.

... and maybe a bit aside from the question here -- but wouldn't drag-n-drop for Guided LPs be something!?! It'd be wonderful to get something like EM 2.0 for LPs sometime in the near future. I've been running into more clients lately that use some "other" LP service to create LPs b/c of the drag-n-drop editor and more intuitive interfaces they offer. Those same clients are usually using EM 2.0 for emails so maybe there's something there to work with?

CandiceTandiono
Marketo Employee

Hi @Dave_Roberts

I'm a UX Designer on the Adobe Marketo Engage team. Thank you for your response! 

If you have time, we're looking to get some more in-depth feedback around drag-and-drop in a 45-min feedback session. We're exploring some bulk move concepts (which you mentioned) but would also love to hear more about your DND usage in general.

Feel free to sign up for a session here: https://calendly.com/tandiono/. If you can't find an open time slot that works for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at tandiono@adobe.com and I can adjust my schedule.

Candice Tandiono

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

I use the drag and drop feature majorly in the programs when I create assets in subfolders, because every time I create a new asset it will create the asset in the parent folder then I drag that to the desired folder. 

Improvements:

1. The assets should be created in the selected folder so that we do need not to drag the assets every time we create one. 

2. Would it be possible to provide a multi-select option or to move multiple assets in one single attempt?

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Multi-select would be a huge improvement on the tree. Both for selecting multiple assets to move into a program's folder, and for moving multiple programs into another program.

Examples

- You start off a program with simple foldering or no folders at all, but discover that as it gets more complex it needs more organization

- You're reviewing an instance you inherited or programs created by someone else, and you want to add more structure within a program or you want to redo the foldering entirely

- You are archiving old programs and moving to an archive folder (this is probably the biggest time suck!)

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
CandiceTandiono
Marketo Employee

Hi @Vinay_Kumar,

If you have time, we're looking to get some more in-depth feedback around drag-and-drop in a 45-min feedback session. We're exploring some bulk move concepts (which you mentioned) but would also love to hear more about your DND usage in general.

Feel free to sign up for a session here: https://calendly.com/tandiono/. If you can't find an open time slot that works for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at tandiono@adobe.com and I can adjust my schedule.

Candice Tandiono

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Drag and drop is also important in the email builder, either dragging modules on to the layout or moving them around

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
CandiceTandiono
Marketo Employee

Hi @Amy_Goldfine

I'm a UX Designer on the Adobe Marketo Engage team. Thank you for contributing several ideas to this thread!

If you have time, we're looking to get some more in-depth feedback around drag-and-drop in a 45-min feedback session. We're exploring some bulk move concepts (which you mentioned in a separate reply) but would also love to hear more about your DND usage in general.

Candice Tandiono