SOLVED

Re: same emoji in different subject line not rendering

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Got it...Similar to how a straight single quote will work in HTML but curly apostrophes are a no-no.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, not exactly the same reason.

If you mean the fact that you can use single quotes in <div class='myclass'> but not curly quotes <div class=‘myclass’> that’s because HTML decided to make ASCII single quotes and double quotes special because they’re easy to type and work in any encoding.

In theory, curly quotes could — at least now — be an alternative special character in addition to straight quotes, since a UTF-8 HTML page can include them verbatim. It just would be very confusing!

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Hi @Khyra,

If it's not fixed yet, could you please let me know the emoji image what you want to show here so that, I can check the correct encoded code because the 2nd subject line working like as below for me?

Jasbir_Kaur_0-1673429666357.png

Thanks!

Jasbir

Khyra
Level 2

Hi Jasbir,

I removed the emojis from the SLs as I really needed to move forward with the email send but I'm curious about what you find so here's the requested info:

emoji: 💸

q code generated from this URL  : =?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=92=B8?=

Did you q encode the special characters? I have to in Marketo

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Hi @Khyra,

This code is working fine, please try again and let me know if you are still facing any issue.

Jusqu=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99?==?UTF-8?Q?=C3=A0?= 40 % sur les forfaits et plus =?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=92=B8?=