SOLVED

Re: Program Member Custom Fields - Suggestions

Go to solution
Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

Program Member Custom Fields - Suggestions

Curious how users are looking to utilize or implement Program Member Custom Fields.

What are some suggestions on how to best put this new custom object to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I've started implementing point-in-time values, which would be similar to the use-case for querystring capture, but I'm doing it more from a lifecycle stamp period. For instance, what programs did someone attend as a Prospect (or MQL) vs. as a Customer. You can start to get a feel for resonance of content and down the line, even a program-specific lifcecyle map.

In today's environment, you can query whether someone is an MQL or Customer, for instance, but not what they were when they performed a certain action; with PMCF you can tag that info to the program member.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Michael_Florin
Level 10

From what I understand so far, these fields can be a replacement for "burner" or "flex" fields you usually have to create in your database to store very specific form information. E.g. a second opt in box which asks for a specific permission. Now you can save that information on program level instead of saving it in a custom database field.

Also, URL parameters might go into these fields.

I just learned that these program member custom fields will also be available for specific tokens which I think is a necessary addition.

I find a little odd that these fields have to be created in "Field Management" aka with admin privilege and there's a cap at 20 fields per instance. I would have thought a more logical place would be to create them on program level, and the cap would be per program and not per Marketo instance.

But let's see...

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I haven't played with it yet, but I think it's a great option for webinars and events as a replacement for "burner fields". For example:

- Questions asked on a webinar registration form, such as "What are you interested in learning about today?"

- Questions asked on an event registration form, such as t-shirt size or dietary restrictions

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I've started implementing point-in-time values, which would be similar to the use-case for querystring capture, but I'm doing it more from a lifecycle stamp period. For instance, what programs did someone attend as a Prospect (or MQL) vs. as a Customer. You can start to get a feel for resonance of content and down the line, even a program-specific lifcecyle map.

In today's environment, you can query whether someone is an MQL or Customer, for instance, but not what they were when they performed a certain action; with PMCF you can tag that info to the program member.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Now that's an approach I hadn't heard yet. Great tip!

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

I think the true value of program member fields will come if/when MKTO allows us to sync these fields to campaigns in SFDC. It would help us solve so many of our problems if we could write information directly to campaign member fields 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think the true value of program member fields will come if/when MKTO allows us to sync these fields to campaigns in SFDC.

Working on an integration project to do just that. Unidirectional (Mkto → SFDC) only though. We'll see how it goes.

Marlaine_Hudgin
Level 2

Hey Sandford, how is this project going, with unidirectional sync Mkto -> SFDC for the PMCF? 

MaenHadid
Level 2

Hey @SanfordWhiteman 

Same question here, how's it going with this project? It'll be amazing to start utilizing the Program Member Customer Fields directly into Salesforce.

Joke_Van_Essche
Level 3

FYI, In the Summit Roadmap session, it was mentioned that they are targeting to release the sync as Beta in Q3 2022. https://business.adobe.com/summit/2022/sessions/na-2022-roadmap-and-innovations-sneak-peek-for-ado-s...