Re: Marketo Certification

Jessy_Chan1
Level 2

Marketo Certification

I have been using Marketo for about 4-5 years and have never taken any certification exam. Recently I am thinking of taking it but yet wonder if this is necessary. Can anyone who has been certified,  share your reason why you did it and how it has impacted you?  Thank you.

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Very quickly some points I would say are:

• You will learn things preparing for your test you didn't know, which will make you even better.
  • You will become more attractive to future employers.
  • Demonstrates your knowledge - Internal stakeholders will take your advice onboard more if they recognise you as a platform expert.
  • Makes you more of a lynchpin within your current org. Its harder to find and replace an MCE member of staff like for like, compared with a "marketing automation person".
  • It can help justify a pay rise.
  • You can more easily get another job. If applying for another Marketo job having an MCE cuts out a lot of needless questions to try and prove your knowledge, and can also help separate you from other people.
Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

Exactly this. Most job postings I see anymore state "Marketo experience required, MCE preferred." This immediately rises you to the top of candidacy.

I can also tell you that as soon as it is listed on your LinkedIn you'll have recruiters regularly in your inbox, but it ultimately comes down to what your career goals are. If you're looking for a raise or promotion in your current org, do it. If they're willing to pay for it, definitely do it. If you're thinking of making a move in the next 2 years (how long the cert is valid), do it. If none of these is a priority for you then it is more a personal preference.

Jessy_Chan1
Level 2

Hi Brooke, thank you for the advice.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

100% on all of these. I definitely learned things while studying that I didn't know! There were reports I had never used, and details about Acquisition Program that I didn't know.

It's also a great point of personal pride

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Jessy_Chan1
Level 2

Hi Amy, it does give a sense of achievement.

Tony_Membrino1
Level 1

Curious where people are going to prep for MCE...is this the best option? Thanks Tony

https://www.marketo.com/education/marketo-certification/marketo-certified-expert/preparation/

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I took the online training. And also reviewed some quizzes on the Nation.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 9:20 AM Tony Membrino <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Christine_Libro
Level 3

I just started in Marketo this past May, and passed the MCE two weeks ago. I didn't have as much time as I wanted to prepare (by choice). I skipped the prep course, used only the sample questions​, and spent the majority of my time going over the questions I found in Marketo Nation (part 3 linked here). I converted these to an Excel file, hid column C with the answers, and highlighted the boxes in column B for my answers. I still have the files, if you want them.

Dropbox - MCE Exam Objectives and Sample Questions Kit_June 2018.pdf 

Dropbox - MCE Certification.xlsx

Tony_Membrino1
Level 1

Thanks Christine. Congrats on passing exam...and only 6 months into Marketo. Sweet.