SOLVED

Re: Landing Page CTA Label Global Variable not appearing

Go to solution
rmoravick1
Level 2

Landing Page CTA Label Global Variable not appearing

Hey everyone,

I was hoping to get some help on a global variable issue I'm seeing in my guided LP template. Ive created a global variable for my button label. The default text for the label appears in the variables editor in the LP, however, the button is showing the global variable code instead of the text. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 1.34.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 1.34.54 PM.png

<meta class="mktoString" id="ButtonLabel" mktoname="Button Label" default="&iexcl;Empiece a explorar hoy!" mktomodulescope="false" /> 

<div><a href="${ButtonURL}"><button type="button" name="myButton">${ButtonLabel}</button></a></div>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Thanks for following up and giving the button switch a try. I've read thru some of the other suggestions here and would have thought that one of those should have solved the problem. 

I did some add'l testing this morning and setup a Guided LP template with some variables to match your situation. What I discovered is that when the variables are contained inside an editable text area that they don't work, but when they are not inside an editable area, they do work. 

Here's a few images for reference of the testing setup:

Dave_Roberts_0-1694535123446.png

(above) There are two buttons here (same button) -- one is included inside an editable area, the other is outside the editable area

Dave_Roberts_1-1694535187059.png

(above) The highlight parts are inside an editable area (and do not work) and the bottom button is outside the editable area (and does work).

Is there a chance that you're using the variables inside an editable area on the template?

If so, I think that could cause the issue you're running into here. If that's the case, you really don't need the variable there b/c you can use the Rich Text Editor to go in and change the URL and Text of the button. If you use the <button> element, it'll be harder to edit the buttons using the RTE but if you use the <a> element, you can use the Insert/Edit Link tool on the RTE toolbar to easily edit the button text and link. I'd recommend using the <a> tag over the <button> tag in this situation.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What is that a screenshot of? A real email sent to someone?

rmoravick1
Level 2

Hey Sanford,

The screenshot is of the main CTA on the LP. The global variable in the LP editor with the default text is the other screenshot. The CTA is displaying the global variable code rather than the editable default text.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@rmoravick1 ,

${ButtonLabel} != ${BUTTONLABEL}

Try using the same case as your ID in the CTA

Cheers

Jo

rmoravick1
Level 2

Hey Jo,

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, all that did was make the button label the same case, and the global variable code is still visible in the button. See screenshot below:

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 12.43.50 PM.png

SanfordWhiteman

What I meant was: is that a ’shot of the LP Editor or of the Preview page?

rmoravick1
Level 2

Hey Sanford,

Sorry for the confusion, its a screenshot from the LP Preview page

SanfordWhiteman

Take out mktomodulescope.

rmoravick1
Level 2

Hey Sanford, 

I took out the mktomodulescope from the global variable but I am still seeing the same issue. Additionally, the preview between the LP template in the Design Studio (showing correctly) and the draft LP in Marketing Activities (showing incorrectly) are different. See screenshots below:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 9.09.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 9.09.41 AM.png

Disha_Goyal6
Level 4

Hi @rmoravick1,

Please share the screenshot of the code that is appearing at the LP level. If it is working at template level then might be there is some issue at LP level.

Thanks,

Disha