SOLVED

Marketo Default Time Zone

Go to solution
WasilTouseef
Level 1

Marketo Default Time Zone

Hi All,

I have event program with multi session in 3 locations. So after event script redirects people from Registration to Ondemand page. My requirement is to redirect people only after event completes in all three timezone and for that I want to understand which date I should select after event in Token for this (I mean Event Day +1 or Event Day +2 or what?) Regions are America, APJ and EMEA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Default Time Zone

Nothing to do with Marketo. If you save a local time (like 2023-10-01T12:34:56) in a my.token and then convert that to a Date in JS, it’ll be in the browser’s local time zone.

That’s almost certainly not what you want.

Instead, store the UTC time (2023-10-01T04:3456Z). That will always represent the same point in time, regardless of where the browser is.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Having some trouble parsing your question.

You have JS on an LP that redirects to an On-Demand variant of the page if the pageview occurs after a certain datetime. That much makes sense.

But "which date" I don't understand. Do you have all three events stored in separate Text {{my.tokens}} or something?

WasilTouseef
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman Thankyou for your response. We will control redirection to OnDemand page using OnDemand Text token which we will set as Event Date + 1. But we want to understand what is the default time zone of Marketo here. Is it the time zone which we set as our Instance time zone or something else.

Consider Event is in APAC and EMEA region with date as 20 Sep 2023. And our Instance default time zone is of US. We will set OnDemand Token as 21 Sep 2023. But which time zone Marketo will take as default. Is it US time zone? So US time zone 12AM onwards on 21 Sep the page redirection will occur.

SanfordWhiteman

Nothing to do with Marketo. If you save a local time (like 2023-10-01T12:34:56) in a my.token and then convert that to a Date in JS, it’ll be in the browser’s local time zone.

That’s almost certainly not what you want.

Instead, store the UTC time (2023-10-01T04:3456Z). That will always represent the same point in time, regardless of where the browser is.