SOLVED

Marketo campaign sync

Go to solution
Jayant_Singh
Level 3

Marketo campaign sync

I am looking for possible workaround to sync Marketo program custom tags with Salesforce campaign. In below screenshot I have created training tag in Marketo and want to sync this with Salesforce campaign in campaign type. 

Jayant_Singh_0-1694679617084.png

As business use case is to define the multiple tags in Marketo program like, author, record type, campaign type etc. and sync back those info into Salesforce campaign fields. 

Jayant
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo campaign sync

I don't you can natively sync the program tags associated with a Marketo program over to the synced SFDC campaign. The native sync takes care of syncing members, cost, channel, and statuses as of now (there's PMCF sync as well, but that needs to require additional mapping and setup in the sync config). As a workaround, you can incorporate the tags in your naming convention and can also build a workflow to update the tag field on the campaign object in SFDC to update per the campaign name. There's already an idea posted in the community around this if you'd like to check and upvote it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

I don't you can natively sync the program tags associated with a Marketo program over to the synced SFDC campaign. The native sync takes care of syncing members, cost, channel, and statuses as of now (there's PMCF sync as well, but that needs to require additional mapping and setup in the sync config). As a workaround, you can incorporate the tags in your naming convention and can also build a workflow to update the tag field on the campaign object in SFDC to update per the campaign name. There's already an idea posted in the community around this if you'd like to check and upvote it.

Jayant_Singh
Level 3

is PMCF sync also the workaround and can my token also be used in this use case. because naming convention looks good but it will be lengthy name too.

Jayant
Darshil_Shah1

The thing with PMCF is that it syncs with the campaign member object fields, and not with the campaign object fields (campaign and campaign member objects are connected, but different objects operate at different levels).

If you still want to go for it, I suppose you could have a resource lead with the PMCF value set with the tag(s) value as a program member for your programs, or just write the tag value(s) in the PMCF field for the regular members instead. You would need to ensure a proper set and update process around it so you have all your programs with tag values match with the PMCF field value.

Needless to say, tag updates cannot be triggered (as they aren't tied to the person, they're tied to the program instead) so every time you make an update tag, you'd need to update the PMCF as well.