Re: Where do i add behavioral and demographic scoring?

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Where do i add behavioral and demographic scoring?

I've joined an instance of Marketo at a new company, and they do not have behavioral scoring or demographic scoring set up. When I add 'Change Score' to the flow, the only score that appears is 'Lead Score'. I assume I add this through Admin, but cannot determine where.

Thanks!!

11 REPLIES 11
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Caitlin, out of the box there is only one Lead Score field, but you can always create additional scoring fields. If you're using SFDC and will want the fields to be available in SFDC as well, they should be created in SFDC and not Marketo and made visible to the Marketo sync user. If creating in SFDC, you will want to make them type: Integer, and then once they're available in Marketo you will update that to type: Score (this is something I've only had to do recently, but without changing to type: score in Marketo, you can't change the score as a flow step).

Once you have your fields created, you'll want to create your smart campaigns that will update those behavioral and demographic scores appropriately. Best of luck!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Dory.

Please do a search through the forums, there are quite a few threads on this, some may have pix.

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

I searched through the forums all day prior to asking this in the discussion. Could you direct me to the one you are referring to Josh Hill​?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Yes - I saw these; very helpful! But in this case was mostly looking for how to go about ADDING behavior and demographic scoring in the first place. Thanks for letting me know I go about it in Salesforce, not Marketo!

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Caitlin,

Ideally, you would first create those fields in Salesforce so that they sync down automatically to Marketo, and be kept in sync between the two.  If you create the two fields in Marketo they wont be able to sync with Salesforce (or at least not without a certain amount of hassle). 

If you do want to create the score fields in Marketo, you can do so using the following method Create a Custom Field in Marketo - Marketo Docs - Product Docs .  Otherwise, create them in SFDC and they will appear after the next global sync cycle occurs.  Then you can build out your scoring logic however you'd like with the new fields.

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Dory - quick question. Once we've implemented behavior and demographic how do we ensure that the combination of those scores equals lead score? Do we do this in admin somewhere? Thanks!

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Do you know if there is any documentation on how to do this on the SFDC side after a sync has occurred? I can't find it within the Salesforce community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone find an answer to why Demographic and Behavioral are not adding up to Lead Score? I inherited a system and have this same problem. I have spent a day searching for this answer with no luck. If someone who has resolved this issue or can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Noelle