SOLVED

View as Webpage - publically accessible link without expiring mkt_tok?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

View as Webpage - publically accessible link without expiring mkt_tok?

Hello,
I know this has been a topic but for retention purposes - we have a spreadsheet with email retention where we store live copies of the "view as web page link" in order for others in the organization to see what we are sending.

I know the Sample Drafts are not good to use since they stop working over time, but I've found that even sending a live email version seems to stop working.

Is there a way to keep the "view as Web Page" link without the token so anyone can click the link and it works? I know some of the workarounds are sending a copy to a mailbox and storing there, but that's a bit clunky.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: View as Webpage - publically accessible link without expiring mkt_tok?

The URLs deliberately expire for security reasons.

I’d suggest you develop a process to actually save the HTML (and subresources like images) offline.

I know some of the workarounds are sending a copy to a mailbox and storing there, but that's a bit clunky.

Sending to a mailbox is a pretty common tactic for compliance/archiving apps. But the catch w/Marketo is you either have to

(a) remember to include the archive mailbox in every relevant send or

(b) use the automatic CC feature, which requires major work from your IT team (i.e. to discard duplicate emails if you’re not actually trying to store a separate copy for each recipient as one would in a regulated industry)

Another option is to build an integration that regularly scans the activity log using the REST API, then downloads the HTML for every unique email ID (not unique person!) that goes out. You’d end up with a much neater system. But o’course you need a sharp developer to build such a thing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The URLs deliberately expire for security reasons.

I’d suggest you develop a process to actually save the HTML (and subresources like images) offline.

I know some of the workarounds are sending a copy to a mailbox and storing there, but that's a bit clunky.

Sending to a mailbox is a pretty common tactic for compliance/archiving apps. But the catch w/Marketo is you either have to

(a) remember to include the archive mailbox in every relevant send or

(b) use the automatic CC feature, which requires major work from your IT team (i.e. to discard duplicate emails if you’re not actually trying to store a separate copy for each recipient as one would in a regulated industry)

Another option is to build an integration that regularly scans the activity log using the REST API, then downloads the HTML for every unique email ID (not unique person!) that goes out. You’d end up with a much neater system. But o’course you need a sharp developer to build such a thing.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Thank you! Will look into these options! 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

https://blog.jayjiang.com.au/2021-07-29-download-email-html.php

Just wanted to promote this page once again. It helps you download an email's HTML for offline storage. And while the "Download HTML" option from an email's context menu does not render tokens, this neat little trick does.