We have a trigger program for "Fill Out Form" with a referrer link. The flow step is to: Send Email; Wait 20 minutes; Change Data Value to the UTM-campaign; Wait 2 mins; Call Webhook. This will send a PDF Sample in email to the contact who filled out the form, and launch a webhook to our sales team. We have found that some people who fill out the form are getting the email while others are not. Also the webhook may not launch for a few. We have checked to see if some have unsubscribed, been blacklisted, or are in the Marketing Suspended table which they are not. We have looked at the activity log and see the action of the form being filled out but the email is not sent. So wondering why this would happen, and if anyone has experienced this.
We have a support ticket in but also doing research here for feedback.
Is the email operational? If it's not, are they hitting communication limits? You would see comm limits as a "Send Email" activity with the details "Skipped person already used up daily/weekly communication limit"
For the webhook, is it that the webhook is not firing, or that it's not successful? If you click into a person's activity history, you can see the webhook and the response.
We have a trigger program for "Fill Out Form" with a referrer link. The flow step is to: Send Email; Wait 20 minutes; Change Data Value to the UTM-campaign; Wait 2 mins; Call Webhook.
What's the second 2-minute Wait step for exactly?
In any case, comm limits, Blacklisted, Mktg Suspended, etc. don't affectCall Webhook steps in Flows. (Amy alluded to this already, but I wanted to make it clear.)
I'd think this is more likely to be a case where the Referrer constraint is not actually being met, due to some subtly different page name or query params.
The webhook is not launching for some. We don't have a failure code. We have the wait-steps to put some space between the processing from what goes from Marketo into our CRM. In some cases before when we stacked the flow logic to "Send Email > Change Data Value > Launch Webhook" we'd lose the campaign code or the contact's previous campaign code would be in the launch notes and would confuse our reps. I removed the referrer and kept the form since it is unique to the landing page and the form is not living on another page. I did lessen the wait-step to 10 seconds from the original 2-mins. Going to see if this works.
If you're deliberately trying to wait for a sync step, then I wouldn't do it this way (and also, 2m isn't long enough). Instead, have the CRM update another field, like a NotesLastUpdatedDT, and then wait for that field to be changed in Marketo.