Re: Tip of the YEAR!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tip of the YEAR!

Share one thing you learned to do in Marketo that was a game changer. Something that rocked your marketing world perhaps or saved you time and headaches...The Marketing Nation Community wants to hear from you!  Spread your wealth of knowledge.

47 REPLIES 47
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

I just started this year at new company taking on an existing instance. I did an audit of the instance and review of the database, and I plan to continue to do this every year. I think it's a great "tip" to share with others and encourage them to do the same. It really helps you evaluate

1. If what is running is necessary, or built in the most optimal way.

2. If what you are running is benefiting the departmental and company goals.

3. If you're lacking in leads for a particular audience or excelling in an audience that you're not fully marketing to yet.

Shayla_McKnight
Level 2

Tokenized templates!! Saves so much time.

Fernando_Garci1
Level 3

I've been a Marketo customer on and off for well over 7 years, and every year, at EOY, I re-create and update a set of templates (email and landing pages), and make sure all tokens are updated. It makes for the easiest year when I can go from concept to content to send in less than 10 minutes. It usually takes longer to get approvals than it does to prep entire programs.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Taking the time to put modules and variables in the email 2.0 templates have really saved me headaches with my marketers messing up code. It streamlines content options, preserves code, and can get pretty darn fancy. I now have one email template with modules for all channels (instead of unique templates per channel/layout).

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

While training new users, use training not only to teach but to set up your instance in a way that helps you. I use a custom unsubscribe field so in Analytics the Unsubscribe number is not accurate and users run reports and then get confused. Instead, I teach new users to 'hide' fields in Analytics (hide column) and I have them hide unsubscribe. Once it was off of their reporting, they stopped being confused and reaching out. #GameChanger!

Eric_Woll
Level 3

Cloning programs to make things easier and quicker to set up!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Make sure you're cloning templates, not existing programs. Will save you headaches!

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Created several email template variations using email 2.0 templates!

Daniel_Ferenc
Level 3

Leveraging velocity scripting in order to display data from custom objects is really important, as this is the only way to show that data to the users.