SOLVED

Re: time stamps info on form submissions

Go to solution
isabelsteffi
Level 1

time stamps info on form submissions

Hi, I am looking for a solution to track the timestamp of when the invitee filled up the form as i am working on an event that allows only the first 12 members who filled the form. please share your suggestions! Thanks, Isabel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sanford can't share this link because he created Flowboost but I'm gonna go ahead and post it because I'm pretty sure it's the only purpose-built solution for this (see the user guide)

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor

In the past, I've used a Program Member Custom Field (PMCF) for this and then created a smart campaign that uses the {{system.dateTime}} token to drop in the value for when the form was submitted.

If you set the smart campaign only to allow a person to run through it once, you prevent multiple submissions from overwriting the field. 

One minus of this approach is if you're trying to use this on a global form, as PMCFs are only supported in local forms. And, of course, the limits on PMCFs in general. But, if you have some to spare and are using a local form, this is one approach.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I would say this is a pretty iffy way to limit members. Hopefully you have wording on the form that makes it clear that they may be rejected. Much better would be using a solution to actually limit registrants.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sanford can't share this link because he created Flowboost but I'm gonna go ahead and post it because I'm pretty sure it's the only purpose-built solution for this (see the user guide)

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Indeed! Though one might build another solution that would work as well, there's pretty much one direct way to skin this cat. (Read/write a shared counter via webhook.)