Marketo setup with Gmail Corporate Domain

Askew02
Level 1

Marketo setup with Gmail Corporate Domain

I'm hoping someone can help me. We are unsure what to put as our IP address since we use Gmail for our corporate email. I'm hoping someone else has setup Marketo using this process and can help with this portion of the setup. We are also using Network Solutions for our management and instructions aren't really written for our process.

Thanks,

Heather Askew

7 REPLIES 7
David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Re: Marketo setup with Gmail Corporate Domain

Keep in mind that you will likely be sending from a shared IP unless you upgraded to a dedicated IP with Marketo. In order to send email you will need to align these send from ip addresses with your DNS via SPF/DKIM records. some folks also like to set up a separate send from email subdomain for Marketing communications. 

Net Net most of the info you need/require can be found here: 

1. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/getting-started-with-marketo/setup/setup-steps...
  2. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/getting-started-with-marketo/setup/configure-p... 
  3. http://community.cdn.marketo.com/ConfigureProtocolsforMarketo.pdf 

If you are a new customer and working with a launch pack partner or onboarding rep, they will have additional info for you too. 

I hope this helps 😄

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Keep in mind that you will likely be sending from a shared IP unless you upgraded to a dedicated IP with Marketo. In order to send email you will need to align these send from ip addresses with your DNS via SPF/DKIM records.

Well, kind of, except with a shared IP and unbranded sender there’s no need to do anything w/SPF (more likely you’ll break your existing SPF record) and DKIM doesn’t relate to IPs. So that’s why I was starting out with “where are you putting an IP”? 🙂

SanfordWhiteman

Sorry, your question isn’t clear.  (Where are you putting an IP address? Are you asking about Marketo IPs to provide to your IT team for allow-listing  — not recommended btw? About mailserver public IPs to paste somewhere else?)

Please provide complete details so someone can help out.

Askew02
Level 1

Our Marketo Implementation team was able to figure this out. Thanks! We are now working on connecting it to SFDC and building assets!

SanfordWhiteman

For posterity it would be good if you'd describe exactly what you were referring to with IPs as there's only one case where IPs/ranges would ever be directly entered.
Askew02
Level 1

We need to set up SPF and DKIM so Marketo is authorized to send emails on our behalf.
  • To set up SPF, please add the following to DNS entries:
IN TXT [vivistim.com]: v=spf1 mx ip4:[please include your corporate IP address(es)] include: mktomail.com ~all

We didn't have a corporate IP address because we use Gmail. 
SanfordWhiteman

There was no need to alter or create this SPF record. At best your modification serves no purpose, at worst it breaks SPF completely.