SOLVED

Re: Tagging a lead source in Forms

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tagging a lead source in Forms

How do I go about including a hidden field value within a form that will track lead source?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brad! Simply add another form field for Source, mark it "Hidden," and pre-fill it with the value you're looking to populate, then everyone who fills out that form will get tagged with that same Lead Source value!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brad! Simply add another form field for Source, mark it "Hidden," and pre-fill it with the value you're looking to populate, then everyone who fills out that form will get tagged with that same Lead Source value!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks Zach!

Michael_Sogunro
Level 2

Hi Zach - how would you include a source field if you wanted to use the same form in different locations? We have over 20 forms that enables site visitors to subscribe to email products by topic. I want to be able to use the same forms, but in a different location and know which location the form was completed.

I want to avoid creating another 20 forms.

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can add the page's document.location (or a friendly nickname for the location) using JavaScript.  There are several examples if you search the Community.

Or if you can include the source in the query string, you can read that value right into a hidden field without any code (see the AutoFill option).

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you are talking about global lead sources, as a best practice, I would recommend having this assigned at the global level in a marketo operational program.  However, it sounds like you just want to use a global form on different pages and that is entirely different from pulling in source on your form.

You can simply create a smart list with filled out form and use a constraint on webpage X. 

Even better would be if you created separate programs.  Say you are using the same form for 5 pieces of different content, then you would create a separate program one for each piece of content and pull in people that filled out form on webpage X in one program and then in another program filled out form on webpage Y, etc. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Web Page constraint is not suitable for embedded forms, where you must use Referrer.

Using a hidden field to identify the hosting URL (or the URL simplified to a simple canonical name) works for both embedded forms and those hosted on Marketo LPs. What you do with this information in a flow is flexible, but the most accurate way to track the hosting web page is at form submit time, not in a flow.