SOLVED

Re: Stay logged in on several tabs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've worked with Marketo open in several different tabs without issue. Use my quick Command + Click to open several sections! This is as a Mac user on Chrome.

I have noticed that you cannot open Admin in separate tabs; it overtakes your current screen.

ayaspan
Level 3

I'm going to go ahead and chime in that this is a huge problem for me. I can't open more than one "main" Marketo tab or I will be logged out completely from all of them. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have gotten in the habit of using too many tabs, opening the same service in multiple tabs etc. But guess what - I'm a 36 year old man who's been using the internet for 25 years, as are many users, and I have this issue with no other service. This is a hard workflow to adapt to.

Can anyone comment on whether this is an issue with SSO/federated login that I could probably work out by having IT just give me a traditional login or password? I need to be able to open a new tab and just work, I don't have time go stop and go through things when there are so many things I'm working on.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@ayaspan ,

I typically have several tabs open for a single Marketo instance.  Be aware however that if you swap instances, then all the open tabs that refer back to the first instance will die a horrible death.

If you need to work in multiple instances simultaneously, create multiple chrome profiles and open up each instance in a different profile. 

Regards

Jo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I too regularly have 10+ tabs open for the same instance in the same session.

This isn’t a problem with SSO in general, since I was just remote-controlling someone’s machine who’s logged in via AD SSO a few mins ago.
ayaspan
Level 3

Thanks, good to know! I might still ask my IT people to find another way of signing in.

ayaspan
Level 3

Thank you. But yeah, it's all in one instance. I only have access to one, for my full-time employer.

I sign in through office.com, which take me to the instance, what I'll call the "main tab". When I click to edit a draft, a new tab opens. I can work on any number of email drafts/tabs with one active "main tab". But if I, either intentionally or absent-mindedly, open up another "main tab" in the same instance through the same method (office.com), either in the same or a different window, all Marketo tabs will sign me out. And I usually need to click on the app in Office.com 3-5 times to log in, which seems like a  separate issue but maybe isn't.