SOLVED

Stay logged in on several tabs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay logged in on several tabs

Hi,

How do I stay logged in on several tabs?

If I open Marketo in one tab and then in a second tab, Marketo requires me to log in again in the new, second, tab. Once I do this, of course, the first tab expires.

So how can I work with Marketo in multiple tabs?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Axel

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Stay logged in on several tabs

I always work in multiple tabs in Chrome. The best way to do it is to either right click on the tab and click "duplicate" or right click on a menu item from the drop down and click "open in new tab." If you are using a bookmarked login.marketo.com, it's going to ask you to login every time

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
David_Gaible
Level 7

Don't use multiple tabs in a single browser! I've always had problems saving work if I'm using multiple tabs in the same browser. I've heard this from several Marketo power users that the tool just doesn't work well in multiple tabs. Only exception is the case where Marketo opens the new tab (example: new email creation).

If I need to use multiple screens I have Marketo open in Chrome and Firefox simultaneously.

Geoff_Krajeski1

Personally, I like to use one browser for Production and one for Sandbox, but it really doesn't matter which it is.

This issue presents itself regardless.

My usual response is to just do a CTRL+R or F5 to refresh if I know that I'm logged in.

That solves the problem 98% of the time (again, when I know that I'm logged in)!!

ayaspan
Level 3

To be clear - this is fix is for after Marketo logs you out for attempting to log in with more than one main tab? If I make this "mistake" no amounts of refreshing will sign me back in.

And just out of curiosity, are you using a SSO/federated login/Office.com login or just username and password? When you say you know you're logged in, do you mean logged into your work server or to Marketo?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Strange... I always have at least 5 Marketo tabs open in the same browser, and have never had an issue. That would be incredibly frustrating for me. Maybe check your settings?

I'd love to hear if other people have similar issues as you, or if they're able to work the same way that I do.

Geoff_Krajeski1

Nah, this happens regularly!

Whether it's multiple tabs or multiple windows.

Firefox is less buggy, but I do see more issues of this type when using Chrome.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I use Marketo in multiple tabs on literally tens of instances over the past 6 years and never had any problem. So does the rest of my team. We are using Chrome or FF.

I gather this is coming from cookie setting in the browser.

-Greg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Sounds like we're the fortunate ones, Greg!

Brittany_Stover
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

I also work with multiple tabs open and do not experience this issue. Could it be that you are letting one "expire" because you are not using it as often which will then make all windows expire... Just a thought

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I use Marketo in multiple tabs.  This question is relative to how a person uses tabs and/or knows how to use tabs.  For example, don't edit a draft of an email (same email) in 2 different tabs.

The question that I have here is, how do you open Marketo in the second tab?