SFDC sync errors "SSL read: errno -5961"

Amanda_Sanchez2
Level 1

SFDC sync errors "SSL read: errno -5961"

Marketo is trying to make a handshake to the SFDC Server and the SSL Handshake is failing every day.

I am getting the below error message daily, and I'm having a hard time getting SFDC support to even investigate the error message unless I pay for the Premium support tier. Has anyone successfully resolved this? I am using the out-of-box Marketo-SFDC integration.

Salesforce Sync Error

This problem should be automatically resolved

Why: Marketo/Salesforce sync is unable to connect to the Salesforce instance.

Error details: Marketo encountered the error "SSL read: errno -5961" when attempting to connect to Salesforce.

What to do now?

This may be a transient issue. If you are frequently seeing this error, contact Salesforce support.

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: SFDC sync errors "SSL read: errno -5961"

What is the canonical SFDC URL for your org?

Amanda_Sanchez2
Level 1

Our SFDC is: https://na73.salesforce.com

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Sanford Whiteman sir, could it be a throttling issue?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Looks to be a low-level networking issue. You should concentrate on the Marketo side first because na73 isn't doing anything special that I can see.

Jonathan_Ng2
Level 3

We've been getting the same error for the past few months as well. We're in the middle of a major release to migrate rest of the company to SF, so we have not had time to troubleshoot the error. Interested in hearing what the resolution is.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Any solution / ideas / recommendations about this error?

Albert_Alvarez
Level 3

Also have been getting this error for weeks and cannt get a definative root cause  from Marketo or SFDC support.  Attempting to get both on the phone together.  Will report back any findings that I come across.  

Bala_Subramany1
Level 2

Any resolution we have for the following errors?

Marketo encountered the error "SSL read: errno -5961" when attempting to connect to Salesforce. 

Amanda_Wegner1
Level 1

Has anyone heard back from Marketo on this yet? We've been getting this same error, first intermittenly, now daily for the last week.