SOLVED

Re: Send Sample with New Experience

Go to solution
Charlotte_Lfg
Level 3

Send Sample with New Experience

Hi there, 

With the addition of New Experience for Emails, the sending of samples is slightly different, and one convenient feature that we liked to use is seemingly gone. We use the "Segment" field to send samples based on the segmentation., which is not available anymore. I've tried to use email addresses that I think might be using the language segment I want to use, but it might not be the best practice. Are there plans to bring that feature into the new experience? Or anyone knows of a way to make this easier without switching back to the old experience. I know it's a disadvantage for my team, and they would use the old experience instead. 

BEFORE 

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 16.37.10.png

AFTER

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 16.36.51.png

Thanks,
Charlotte
Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I've let the Marketo PM team know about this! I'll keep you posted in this thread when I hear back from them. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Darshil for flagging this to Marketo PM. I see it's back available again if you click "advanced settings" on the popup window

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1

@Charlotte_Lfg, this is a great call-out. Thank you!

The ability to select the Segment in the Send Sample dialog with the dynamic content seems to be missing from the new email experience. If you open the email preview and try to the Send Sample from there, it still brings up the older Send Sample dialog with the Segment option. I strongly feel that the new experience should be updated to include this option.

Charlotte_Lfg
Level 3

Hi @Darshil_Shah1

I hope they do add this soon! Is it worth trying to submit this and get people to vote to get it? 

Thanks

Thanks,
Charlotte
Darshil_Shah1

I've let the Marketo PM team know about this! I'll keep you posted in this thread when I hear back from them. Thank you!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Darshil for flagging this to Marketo PM. I see it's back available again if you click "advanced settings" on the popup window

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Darshil_Shah1

Absolutely! Thank you, Amy.

@Charlotte_Lfg, thank you so much for highlighting this. As Amy said, the ability to select a segment is now added to the new experience's send email dialog. Adding the new experience's send draft dialog for your reference - 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1660038732814.png

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

To add, we also realized we removed the ability to specify a lead ID for rendering the tokens if multiple of the same email address exist in the database. We've exposed Lead IDs in the Send Sample window so that it's clear which version of a record you are testing with.

Steven_Vanderb3_0-1660343056321.png

Charlotte_Lfg
Level 3

Thanks Darshil for the quick reply, and so glad to see such a quick corrective action!
Take care.
Thanks,
Charlotte