Alexp85
Level 1

Marketo do not track Sales Email

I prepare Lead scoring in Marketo and take issue
Marketo do not track Sales Email

Alexp85_0-1660572513190.png

Alexp85_3-1660572581437.png

I'm newbie in Marketo that is why i try to explain what i do:

- create new Lead in SFDC (country = Germany and sync it with Marketo) - check that Lead appear in Marketo

- create new email in SFDC related for that Lead -> add some links for testing simple link like https://google.com and send email to Lead
- login in email box - open that email and click link from that email

- SFDC show me that email was opened 

Alexp85_4-1660572832443.png

- but in Marketo I see that my SmartCampaign never run - result is empty

[trigger with MarketoEmail - open/click links work well with that Lead]

I checked my Marketo->SFDC sync settings (Email Opened and Clicked link in email are present there)

Alexp85_5-1660573024864.png

Under Lead in Marketo I see that send email log (as SFDC Activity) was sync from SFDC to Marketo

Alexp85_6-1660573147353.png

But not Opened Email activity or Clicked Link Email activity in Activity Log

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo do not track Sales Email

The Opens Sales Email trigger refers to a Marketo Sales Insight email, not a generic “Send Through Salesforce” email.

Did you send this email via MSI?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

The Opens Sales Email trigger refers to a Marketo Sales Insight email, not a generic “Send Through Salesforce” email.

Did you send this email via MSI?

Alexp85
Level 1

Thanks
As I said I'm newbie in Marketo 
And yes I sent email through SFDC not via MSI
Is there any documentation about that Opens Sales Email where we must send email through MSI only (to share with business)?
Or mb we have some features in Marketo that can help as catch send/open/click event in email which was send through SFDC?

SanfordWhiteman

Is there any documentation about that Opens Sales Email where we must send email through MSI only (to share with business)?
Or mb we have some features in Marketo that can help as catch send/open/click event in email which was send through SFDC?

You can’t detect interactions with email that Marketo doesn’t ever see or send.

So, by definition, if Opens Email or Opens Sales Email is logged, the email must be sent via Marketo.

There are tools (Seismic is one) that allow you track emails sent via SFDC — though not, to be clear, using native SFDC sends, but 3rd party packages — and the SFDC activities can then be seen in Marketo as part of the typical sync.