SOLVED

Re: Restrict free email domains on form fill out

Go to solution
Benjamin_Ortiz1
Level 4

Restrict free email domains on form fill out

We would like to restrict people from submitting a form that contains a free email domain (gmail, yahoo, etc..) in the email address field. Anyone know if this is possible?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

11 REPLIES 11
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sure. There are several threads related to this. You will need javascript to block it at the form level.

If you don't care if they fill it out, then you can filter out the autoresponder at the smart list level with Email NOT CONTAINS "XXXX"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Benjamin_Ortiz1
Level 4

Hi Murtza,

Is this code still working? I have it on my landing page but Leads with @gmail.com have passed through recently
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Ben,

It's working normally for me in my tests.  Has the page in question been changed?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also recently gotten leads with @gmail.com going through. Nothing on the page itself has been changed, so I'm wondering if there's something with the code as well.
Jennifer_Burtch
Level 1

Can someone tell me where on the landing page I need to put this code?  I tried editing the Meta data and putting in the Custom Head HTML field, but the form still accepting a public email used in the script. I don't see how I can access the full code from my landing page.

Hanna_Mak
Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

Not sure if you saw this thread:

Restrict Free Email for Form Submission

Sanford's explanation should help you. Essentially you'll need to add it to the end of your page so that the script can fire after your form code.

Hope that helps,

Hanna

Bond_Lai
Level 1

We currently have this script running on our landing pages and is working when we test it.....but we're still seeing gmails coming in when we run our weekly reports. 

Does anyone know why this could be happening? The only possibility I can think of is if the submitting users have javascript is completely disabled but I find it highly unlikely so many are coming through. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Without seeing your page it's impossible to tell.