SOLVED

Re: Removing a Lead from a Smartlist

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a Lead from a Smartlist

I am trying to remove a few leads from a smart list I created that shows me people who have submitted a form. I select the leads, click on Person Actions > Marketing > Remove from List. A dialog box opens asking me which list to remove from, and the smart list I'm currently in is not available to select. I tried from another list to see if the list I was in would be available that way, and it was not. I don't want to delete the records, just remove from that particular list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Smart Lists are dynamic; anyone who qualifies for the logic you set up will always appear in the list.  If you need someone to not qualify, you can try adding a "Email Address is not xxxx@xxxx.com" filter to your Smart List logic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Smart Lists are dynamic; anyone who qualifies for the logic you set up will always appear in the list.  If you need someone to not qualify, you can try adding a "Email Address is not xxxx@xxxx.com" filter to your Smart List logic.

STO555
Level 2

I am having the same issue. We have a customer who is on a paid active smart list and they canceled their subscription and yet they are still qualifying for this smart list, so I am trying to remove them however, just like in your case, the only option is 'remove from list' which doesn't help since this is a smart list. The option of using the filter of email address and using 'not in' doesn't work because that is a band aid and doesn't resolve the issue, especially if other smart campaigns are used with the same list. Remove from Flow also doesn't work because that is campaign specific and once again is a band aid, it needs to be removed from the actual smart list. I did some research and apparently Marketo does not have a way to remove a person from a smart list, which to me makes no sense but only to exclude. Everyone seems to be using the same solution 'not in email address ....'.  as the only way to exclude people from a smart list. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There must be a reason they are qualifying for the SL... remove that reason and they go away. I would triple-check your filter logic (ALL vs. ANY) against this lead's properties.
Michael_Florin
Level 10

And if your SL looks at not only lead properties but also Custom Object properties, mind that one person can have more than one Custom Object. If only one of these COs qualifies them for your SL, they are on it, even if a second one might disqualify them.