Re: Program Member Custom Fields | Person/Lead Scoring

Amy_Read1
Level 2

Program Member Custom Fields | Person/Lead Scoring

Now that Program Member Custom Fields are available, curious to learn how folks are utilizing these fields. Here at Blackbaud we have moved away from Channel level scoring to utilizing the new Program Member Custom Fields. The flexibility and simplicity are really working for us. Anyone else doing this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Not doing that, but I like the concept!

Another use case would be to capture program level utm parameters. And of course the obvious event-level information capture like session pickers.

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

I think program level context has its own need of focus. Haven't tried anything with these yet, but great ideas!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Great for asking pre-event questions like "what questions do you have for the speaker," or "what's your t-shirt size, or "what are your dietary restrictions."

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

I like the thought. I'm working on scoring directly related to programs and have been trying to figure out the best set up for this. do you update flows to update these by program? Or did you figure out a way to do this at a higher level than that to affect all custom program member fields?

I'm currently utilizing program member fields to track utms!

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Danielle,

To my knowledge PMCF fields unfortunately do not support the Scoring field type (unless that was changed in the past few weeks). So running scoring within a program is not (yet) a possibility. I would however question what program-level scoring adds to the Program Status processes. 

What you could do is include scoring on PMCF-level fields into a central scoring model with your scoring fields simply held at the Lead level. The downside to that is you would need to set up your scoring process within each program where the PMCF field is used. So you would really need to set it up inside your example programs and run it in each and every one. I do see a use case for this with e.g. interest scoring or product scoring processes.

Kind regards,
Katja