SOLVED

Re: New Email Editor :(

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

UUnfortunately, it does not retain your desire to see "more" - you need to click this option every time. ​

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I am also struggling on adding HTML code on the SNIPPET editor.

Before, I could add a simple HTML + Javascript code into the HTML editor.

But now, when I add my HTML + Javascript code, the javascript disappears, so my snippet does not work.

Is anyone facing the same coding issue ?

Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

I noticed that the editor now adds additional <span> tags to every paragraph in my template, especially whenever a user copy and pastes text. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so glad others are posting about this change!I've reverted back to legacy for my group -- we needed the advanced settings in links and images!

Why fix something that was working fine? Marketo, there are soooo many other things that need to be worked on instead!!

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

I share these concerns. The advanced image editor is also gone, which allowed me to add inline CSS and links in images. I now have to go in to the code to do those things now that it's gone, which takes longer.

The advanced table editor is now also under "more", which adds an extra click for a function that I use all the time.

If you would like to vote to bring back this functionality, I opened an idea here:

Randy_Davis
Level 3

Also, we have found that the insert image icon does not display at all until you fully expand the edit window -- even if you click on More.... Ugh. We are taking a vote to keep the new editor or revert back to the original. So far it looks like we will revert...

pastedImage_0.png

Robert_Mullown2
Level 2

Going to give this new format a few days to see what I do and do not like.  At this moment in time I feel that I will revert back to the former version as I do need some of the advanced functionality that does not seem to be available here.

hena_wells
Level 5

Wanted to let you guys know that we are closely monitoring this thread (and others) related to the new text editor. Lots of good stuff here and we will look into each one of them. -Aj

Anton_Belo1
Level 2

Arjun how can we get the issues fixed sooner. We are losing production time with the changes... How come you guys do not beta test these? It feels like this has been skipped.

hena_wells
Level 5

Hi Anton Belo​,

If you (or one of the admins in your team) go to Admin --> Email, you can toggle back to the old editor. -Aj

switch.png