SOLVED

Re: New Email Editor :(

Go to solution
Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

And what is wrong with the SAVE function? I reuse a lot of templates, so I will just change text. Hit SAVE, doesn't save. Try again and hopefully remember what I've just typed. Half of it saved, the other half didn't. Try again. Now it's all reverted back to the original. Try again. Half saved. Try again. Reverted to original. See the pattern here?

And I don't grasp why I think I've clicked on the HTML tab, but I don't see any HTML.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The HTML option is still present, the icon just changed. Previously it said "HTML", now you have to click "More" and then the icon that looks like this:

html.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was having trouble finding where I could access the HTML view!

Debbie_Miles
Level 2

Agree completely.

Also is anyone else having issues with bullets? They are listed correctly as tags <li> etc but are coming out as question marks on the sample send.

When tested to various mobile devices, gmail on an iphone has all overlapped text - you can't read the email at all. grrr

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

While I'm not experiencing this issue with bullets, I am noticing now whenever you hit the "enter" key, it no longer creates a new paragraph.  Instead, a single <br> tag is entered.  Is there a way to configure the editor so that it enters new paragraphs upon hitting enter?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that unordered lists (<ul><li>) are not supported by some versions of Outlook​.

if you really want the lists in your email to be bullet proof you'll need to achieve them with tables: one column for the bullets as images and the other for the list items as text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone having problems with advanced image editing?  We use a "mobile-img" class to identify images that need to be scaled on a smaller screen, and that advanced option isn't showing up anymore.  I'm going to see if I can use the legacy settings, but if anyone has any tips for using features that are no longer part of the images or links editors? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the testing process like for introducing new features? Do certain orgs and Champions give feedback before the release? I am very interested in this process so we can avoid making more work for trained users and admins and enable the new features. 

My very first thought when I opened the new editor is that the HTML option is missing so I will always have to click on the advanced icon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The HTML option is still present, the icon just changed. Previously it said "HTML", now you have to click "More" and then the icon that looks like this:

html.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks. That's what I meant by the advanced icon Hopefully it keeps my preferred option so I don't always have to click the icon to show the additional buttons.