Marketo form integration with Popup Maker

LucasDF
Level 2

Marketo form integration with Popup Maker

Hello,

I'm currently using the plugin popup maker on the homepage of my website to promote a new service we offer,

I've already used it with a Contact Form 7 and it worked well but I don't really understand how to integrate a Marketo form instead. It might sound a bit dumb but if anybody could help me with that I'd appreciate it.

Thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form integration with Popup Maker

Have you tried putting the entire embed code inside the popup? This, assuming they execute included scripts, will render the form in the popup.

LucasDF
Level 2

Yes i did and it just shows the code even in lightbox version

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's pretty lame. Is it HTML-escaping just the <script> tags, or also the <form> tag itself?

LucasDF
Level 2

All of it 😓

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Could you share a link to a test page that you're working on with some content inside the pop-up and an idea of how to trigger the pop-up (which button to click, etc)? 

Some frameworks like Bootstrap have built-in pop-ups that might work better than this plug-in. I've seen a bunch of bad pop-up stuff in the past and never had any trouble with the Bootstrap pop-ups (they call them "modals"). They pretty easy to make editable so you can include text and forms (any HTML). Here's a link to more on that: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.5/components/modal/

If you're not using Bootstrap, it's possible that one of the libraries you're using (if any) on your website might have something like this or at least offer a low entry point to code up something like that. I don't think you should ever have to settle for pop-up or lightbox that doesn't act just like any other regular HTML element on a page - if it's not at least that good, in my opinion anyway, it's not worth using at all.

LucasDF
Level 2

The thing is, I've already used that plugin and it worked just fine,

However, it won't work with Marketo Form whereas it works with Contact Form 7. When I think of it, Contact Form 7 gives a much shorter integration code than the Marketo Form. I'm not a developer so its probably nothing but maybe the format of the code doesn't fit,

And no, I'm not using bootstrap,

I'm going to see if I can share you a previsualization link of that pop up so you can judge by yourself