Using Webhook Response to Email lead not in Marketo?

Samantha_Spano
Level 2

Using Webhook Response to Email lead not in Marketo?

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to reduce the number of trial starts of our product when someone from their organization already has an existing account. To do this, we are calling a webhook which searches for domain matches. If there is a match, We are sending the email address of the "account owner" (this is not the same Account Owner as in Marketo) via a webook response.

I've created a custom field for "accountOwnerEmail" based on the webhook response mapping. The webhook populates the email address into this field within the lead profile of whoever originally filled out the trial form.  

What I need, is for a notification email/ alert to go to the "accountOwnerEmail" email address that came over via the response from the webhook basically alerting that "accountOwnerEmail" that someone from their organization is trying to start a trial and to get them set up as a user. 

As of right now, I have a triggered campaign that when "accountOwnerEmail" is no longer empty + the webhook was called, to then send the email alert. The problem is, it's going to the lead who originally filled out the trial form and I'm stuck on how to get it to that email address that populated in the "accountOwnerEmail" field. Note: the "accountOwnerEmail" is currently not a lead within our Marketo instance. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Samantha_Spano
Level 2

Re: Using Webhook Response to Email lead not in Marketo?

Found the solution! 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using Webhook Response to Email lead not in Marketo?

If you add a short note about the solution, I'll mark it as such.