SOLVED

Invalid landing page error

Go to solution
ishi1234
Level 2

Invalid landing page error

Hi everyone, 

My client has  now decided on the sub domains for the Adobe Marketo Landing Page and Email tracking domain. We have asked IT  with adding the following CNAME record for landing page in DNS records. 

DNS Entry (CNAME) for lp.example.com, pointing to yyy-xxx-000.mktoweb.com. When i try adding the landing page domain in marketo it gives me an error, invalid landing page domain and It is already been 2 weeks.  Can someone guide me what is wrong . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Invalid landing page error

More to the point, at the current time lp.stressless.com is set up as an alias for 853-xwi-508.mktoweb.com.

There’s nothing wrong with the replication of that CNAME RR itself.

However, the CNAME 853-xwi-508.mktoweb.com does not exist now, so it’s clear that you need to open a support ticket:

; <<>> DiG 9.16.24 <<>> 053-xwi-508.mktoweb.com.
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 23966
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;053-xwi-508.mktoweb.com.       IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
mktoweb.com.            894     IN      SOA     ns1.marketo.com. ops.localhost. 3040351596 300 300 604800 900

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
SanfordWhiteman

In this case, it's necessary to provide your actual DNS entries so we can double-check them for you.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I experienced this the last two times I tried to add an LP domain. I believe it's a Marketo bug and only Support can help you.

SanfordWhiteman

Actually think it happens because of specific responses from your nameserver(s), that’s why I wanted to see the real domain.

Recently I set up a domain on my own nameserver (SimpleDNS) and it failed, while the exact same zone & records on AWS Route 53 succeeded.

uditmathur
Level 7 - Community Advisor

Hi ishi1234,

I have also faced this issue with one of my clients & this happens when the DNS is not properly propagated. 

I will suggest to reconfigure DNS & try, this might take up to 48 hours. Also recheck if SSL has been configured properly.

If the issue still persist it will be best to raise a ticket with Marketo support.

SanfordWhiteman

Doubt it has anything to do with propagation of a new domain (note “propagation” is kind of a misnomer except for the very specific connection between a registrar and the root nameservers). But that’s why I asked for the actual DNS record so we can check.

It can have to do with inconsistencies across NSes, but that isn’t propagation so much as replication.

It can’t have anything to do with SSL because you can’t get an SSL cert provisioned by Marketo until DNS is correct in the first place.

uditmathur

ishi1234
Level 2

Yes you are correct, i contacted IT and got it checked . They didnt configured it properly. Now it is verified. But now i have one more issue. For any landing page i am getting 1001 DNS resolution error. I havent configured ssl yet.  I am getting this error, 

You've requested a page on a website (lp.xyz.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (lp.stressless.com). There are two potential causes of this:

• Most likely: if the owner just signed up for Cloudflare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Do you think it is ssl issue? If yes can you help e with the process of configuring it. 

uditmathur

Hi,

This is an issue related to Cloudflare & not of Marketo. This article might help https://developers.cloudflare.com/support/troubleshooting/cloudflare-errors/troubleshooting-cloudfla...

Regarding the SSL on your Marketo subscription you will have to raise a ticket with Marketo Support to provision SSL for your Domain. Usual TAT for SSL provisioning is 72 Hours.

SanfordWhiteman

This is an issue related to Cloudflare & not of Marketo. 

Marketo uses CloudFlare automatically, updating CF configs using the CF API. The 2 aren’t separable in this case, just different layers of a Marketo subscription.