SOLVED

Re: How do I stop creation of new contacts in marketo?

Go to solution
Apurva_Patel
Level 2

How do I stop creation of new contacts in marketo?

Hi All,

So, we have a few types of contacts which we do not want the marketo to copy over and create as leads in marketo from Salesforce. This is so to ensure that these particular contacts are not sent out any sort of emails/invitations etc etc from marketo (even by mistake!). Its a huge no-no! ( A very serious legal matter!) So, basically, I do not want these special types of contacts to be created in marketo at all! How do I ensure this? Please help! Its very important, and urgent!

Thanks so much!

Apurva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

6 REPLIES 6
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

2 ways that I use:

1. Permissions/Roles in SFDC: The logic is that if a record is not visible to the Marketo sync user, it can't sync over

2. Custom Sync Filters: https://nation.marketo.com/docs/DOC-2942#jive_content_id_Sync_Filters_for_Existing_SFDC_Integrations

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the Contacts are identifiable easily by Record Type ID or a custom field like above "Do Not Sync to Marketo=T" and then those records are hidden from the Marketo user, this is very possible. There are dozens of threads on this. Work with your SFDC Admin on it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Apurva,

I am not sure of a way to prevent these contacts from syncing over to Marketo. But what you can do is run a trigger campaign looking for every time a lead is created with those parameters and in the flow action delete lead but keep in CRM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Apurva, I agree with Jim. If you have SFDC side OWD setting is private, then sharing rule will help in stopping these records flowing to Marketo. Or Filter can also be utilized to stop the specific records.

Apurva_Patel
Level 2

Thank you all for the quick responses!