SOLVED

Re: Ask Me ANYTHING about Dynamic Chat, featuring our Product Experts

Go to solution
Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

[Event Concluded] Ask Me ANYTHING about Dynamic Chat, featuring our Product Experts

**This event has concluded. Please check out the discussions below!

We are back with our re-branded Ask Me Anything series, formerly known as the Community Coffee Breaks! In light of the recent changes which grant Dynamic Chat Select to all Marketo Engage packages, we wanted to host a 1-hour AMA with our product expert @Sreekanth_Reddy.

Use this AMA as an opportunity to ask about this latest automatic addition to your Marketo instance, how to check if you have access as the Dynamic Chat Admin of your instance, adding or removing any users from Dynamic Chat, what to do if you see unauthorized users in your admin console, and any other access-related questions!

You can also use this as an opportunity to ask more general, feature-specific questions about Dynamic Chat. We have included some examples below to help you get started:

1. UI/UXHow can I adjust the size of Dynamic Chat to ensure it displays correctly across different devices (desktop, laptop, and mobile)?
  2. CustomizationIs it possible to configure Dynamic Chat to only appear during specific business hours, and can we offer different messages when agents are offline versus online?
  3. Lead ManagementHow do I prevent Dynamic Chat from creating a new lead every time an email is captured, and only create leads under specific conditions?
  4. DebuggingWhat are the best practices for debugging Dynamic Chat, and how can I troubleshoot issues where the chat is not functioning as expected?
  5. Use CasesWhat are some common use cases for Conversational Forms in Dynamic Chat, and how can they be effectively used for booking meetings or offering downloads?
  6. IntegrationHow can I integrate Dynamic Chat with my CRM or Marketo platform to pass key engagements to Sales in real-time?
  7. Best PracticesWhat are some best practices for implementing Dynamic Chat in a marketing strategy, especially for B2B lead qualification?
  8. Activity DataWhy is Dynamic Chat activity data not syncing with Marketo, and what steps can I take to resolve this issue?
  9. Multilingual SupportHow can I configure Dynamic Chat to support multiple languages dynamically based on user location or preferences?
  10. Conversational FlowsWhat are the limitations on the number of Conversational Flows in Dynamic Chat, and how can I efficiently manage these flows?

Please note that this text-only AMA takes place as a discussion post on the Marketing Nation Community. If you are unable to make this live event, you can always publish your question in the thread now! 

Additional follow-up resources to be added here.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE

1. Your post in the dedicated thread must be:
    1. Related to access to Dynamic Chat as an Admin or regular user.
    2. General questions or comments about Dynamic Chat.
  2. Please be sure to REFRESH the page frequently so you don't miss responses from our PMs or new questions/comments.
  3. To post a question or comment, you must be signed into the Marketing Nation Community during the 1-hour period, on October 8th, between 9am – 10am PST. You do not need to login if you aren’t submitting a question or comment.
  4. For maximum visibility, please tag our experts in any of your posts on the dedicated thread by following the format “@username” (e.g. @Sreekanth_Reddy)
  5. If you are unable to attend, you can always post your question or comment in advance.
  6. All AMAs are TEXT-ONLY, meaning there is no webinar, video call, or recording. All questions and answers will occur on this thread.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Re: [Event Concluded] Ask Me ANYTHING about Dynamic Chat, featuring our Product Experts

This event is now OVER. Thanks to everyone who attended and stay tuned for our next AMA. Be sure to review all the insightful questions and resources provided by our members and PM. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesBaird
Level 2

Hi there, 

Here are my top questions, thank you so much!

1. Chat Flow Restart and Routing:
    • Current Limitation: At present, we cannot programmatically restart chat flows or route individuals back to earlier points within the flow, specifically in the context of using Conversational Flows as modular, invokable logic.
  2. Scraping UTM Parameters:
    • Current Limitation: The ability to scrape UTM parameters from pages where Dynamic Chat is triggered. We can't access these in the flow designer. 
  3. JS Callback Library Extension:
    • Feature Suggestion: I propose extending the JavaScript Callback Library to include Goal is reached event listeners.
derelict_wombat
Level 5

#2 is on my list as well that I've been meaning to ask about.  I need to capture the Adobe Analytics Campaign variable (similar to UTM) in order to properly attribute what drove someone to the site before they converted via chat.  

JohnDictson
Marketo Employee

Hi @JamesBaird,

1. We do not currently have a "restart chat" option, but you can route visitors back to an earlier point in the conversation by dragging the endpoint of any node in the flow back up to a previous node in the flow. 
  2. We have plans to support UTM parameters, but no confirmed ETA at this time
  3. This is a great suggestion. We'll add it to our list of customer enhancement requests.

Thanks for your questions and feedback. Let us know if you have any more questions or need additional clarification!

John Dictson

Sr. Product Manager

Adobe

lillyfalcon
Level 3

Hi @Sreekanth_Reddy,

We are new to Dynamic Chat and trying to get my head around 5. Use Cases: What are some common use cases for Conversational Forms in Dynamic Chat, and how can they be effectively used for booking meetings or offering downloads?

I'd like to test this sort of Conversational Flows but I can't find any inactivity triggers available? 

1. Resource Download Follow-Up Flow

• Trigger: Visitor clicks the "Download" button for a free resource but shows signs of navigating away from the website (e.g., moving their mouse towards the exit button).
    • Flow:
      • Chat Prompt: “Before you go, would you like to explore more resources or schedule a consultation to discuss your legal needs?”
      • User Options:
        • Explore more resources
        • Schedule a free consultation
      • Next Steps:
        • If Explore more resources: Offer a related resource (e.g., “We also have a guide on business disputes that might be helpful. Would you like to download it?”)
        • If Schedule a free consultation: Direct the user to a calendar to book an appointment.
  2. Webinar Registration Retargeting Flow

• Trigger: Visitor lands on the webinar registration page but does not complete the registration form within a defined time (e.g., 30 seconds of inactivity).
    • Flow:
      • Chat Prompt: “We noticed you’re checking out our webinar. Need help registering or more info about the event?”
      • User Options:
        • Register now
        • More info
        • See other webinars
      • Next Steps:
        • If Register now: Collect email directly through chat to complete the registration.
        • If More info: Provide a brief description of the webinar and prompt them to register.
        • If See other webinars: Offer a list of upcoming webinars to choose from, helping users find the most relevant event for their needs.

I also have a question around calendar integrations, is it possible to integrate with platforms other than Gmail or Outlook?

Thanks 

Lilly

Lilly Falcon
Tags (1)
JohnDictson
Marketo Employee

Hi @lillyfalcon,

There aren't currently built in triggers for mouse location or inactivity, but you can still achieve these use cases by adding a custom trigger to your website to call the Conversational Flow SDK based on cursor position or inactivity.

Regarding calendar integrations, we currently only support Outlook and Gmail and don't have any immediate plans to extend support, but would be interested to hear what other providers you would be interested in having support for.

Thanks for your questions. Let us know if you have any more questions or need further clarification on anything!

John Dictson

Sr. Product Manager

Adobe

ShannonKelly1
Level 3

Hi, I have a published Dialogue that has received activity. Goals are set in the Stream Designer. The Reports tab is empty for Known and Unknown visitors. What would cause this? I expected to see engagement reporting. 

Tags (2)
JohnDictson
Marketo Employee

Hi Shannon,

If you can confirm that the Dialogue has had activity and it is more than 24 hours after the activity occurred and you still don't see the activity reflected in the reporting, I would suggest contacting support for further troubleshooting as this is unexpected behavior.

Regards,
John Dictson

Sr. Product Manager

Adobe

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Re: [Event Concluded] Ask Me ANYTHING about Dynamic Chat, featuring our Product Experts

This event is now OVER. Thanks to everyone who attended and stay tuned for our next AMA. Be sure to review all the insightful questions and resources provided by our members and PM.