SOLVED

Re: Embedded Forms Not Working Properly for Cookied Users

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not gonna to make you any happier to learn that it's Marketo's fault and would affect everyone with your same setup.*

Is there any way you can rush the test? I find it quite urgent and want to spread the news to my followers as soon as we can confirm.

* Setup may include the pod. It's impossible to test across all combos of instance + pod in short order.

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Working rn to see if I can publish the page or if it gets stuck in an approval workflow... will report back in 5

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Page updated, worked first try. Auto-responder fired no problem.

How in the hell did you figure that out? What exactly is going on?

SanfordWhiteman

How in the **** did you figure that out?

Well, you spend most of your time troubleshooting browser + JS behavior (and not nearly enough time writing new JS), you develop a toolset for such things!

I'll add the reasons to my blog. Unfortunately the easy cure is not going to apply to everyone b/c if the main doc is on SSL, your LP domain needs to also support SSL (which I knew would be fine for you). There may be a more universal cure, looking at it tonight.

KellyJoHorton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Following this thread intently so I can validate I don't have the same problem.

Kelly Jo Horton
Senior Client Partner
Etumos

khorton@etumos.com
SanfordWhiteman

Easy to test: open an Incognito Window in Chrome 7x. Go to the page w/your form, fill it out, go back to the page or refresh (without closing Incognito) fill it out again with the same test email, like cachetest+0001@email.invalid.

Then open a Private (Firefox) or InPrivate (IE) window and do the exact same sequence, only using a different email address (cachetest+0002@email.invalid).

Count the number of form fillouts in the ActLog for each new lead. If you have the problem in your instance, the Chrome posts will only result in one ​Filled Out Form.