SOLVED

Re: Email SFDC Contacts (not leads) in Marketo?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Email SFDC Contacts (not leads) in Marketo?

I'm trying to send out a campaign via Marketo to some of my SFDC Contacts. But it seems some are not even appearing in Marketo and it doesn't look like they have opted out/unsubscribed from our emails.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Danielle,

There a couple things you can check:

1.  Log into SFDC as your sync user and attempt to view one of the Contacts that have not synced to Marketo.  If you run into a permissions error or the record is not found, you'll need to check visibility rules.

2.  Make an update to a missing record in SFDC to update it's system modified timestamp.  This should queue the record to sync to Marketo.  Check after the next sync cycle if the record appears in the database in Marketo.  If it does, then you will need to do something to update the timestamp on the rest of the missing records to queue them to sync.

You can also contact Support and we can help you find the problem.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Danielle, does your Marketo user have access to see all of your SFDC records? Unsubscribes/opt outs shouldn't impact your ability to see records in Marketo -- it's likely permissions-based.

Danielle_Wong

My contacts are synced with Marketo. I have 2518 of them in here. But for some reason some of the contacts that are supposedly synced are not appearing in the list of contacts in Marketo.

Anyway, I appreciate your help!

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How are you determining these Marketo Leads are SFDC Contacts?

Danielle_Wong

Usually, before I create the Marketo Smart List for my email campaign, I pull the leads/contacts that I want to include on the email in a SFDC report. So I would have a leads report and a contacts report. Then I compare the numbers to ensure any Marketo logic is correct.

I did it this time, and it's not accurate. The contacts are not showing up, even though they have the "marketo synch" checked off in SFDC.

Geoff_Krajeski1

Another way to do it is to add your lists from the SFDC reports (x2, leads & contacts) to a Campaign.

From there you can do a SFDC Campaign Sync with your Marketo Program (inside of Marketo).

One you've created and added your members to your SFDC campaign give it a few minutes to sync, depending on size of the list.

Go to you program in Marketo and under Program Actions click on "Salesforce Campaign Sync", chose your proper campaign and then it should sync the members over to Marketo!

SFDC Campaign Sync.png

The only thing that may prevent the sync is if you have specific sync rules in place.

Danielle_Wong

Thanks, that's interesting. But seems a bit cumbersome. I simply just want a clear synchronization between SF Contacts and Marketo.

Geoff_Krajeski1

The benefit of doing it this way is that you can.creat campaign statuses in SFDC and update according to response or other status in SFDC and allow your sales (inside/outside) to view, update and run reporting against these statuses.

As mentioned by Steven Vanderberg​ below, the steps he noted will help you determine the sync issue In more detail.

this is what I was referring to when I mentioned that I had to make an update to records to make sure they synched.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Are they in your Lead Database and just not qualifying for this campaign based on certain criteria? Or they're synced with Marketo and not appearing anywhere in Marketo?

Danielle_Wong

Well, I pulled a report in SFDC showing All Contacts with Marketo Synch = True. Then created a smart list in Marketo for all SFDC type=Contacts.

The numbers don't match.