SOLVED

Re: Display Multiple Languages in Field Label

Go to solution
Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

Display Multiple Languages in Field Label

I'm working on a strategy to hide the Opt In field for people who have already consented by using visibility rules to Show the Opt In field if Marketing Consent Date field is empty based on this thread: Solved: Opt-In Checkbox on Form - Marketing Nation (marketo.com)

However, I'm running into an issue where the Opt In field label needs to be versioned/dynamic for multiple languages based on the Country field selected. Since the Opt In field already has visibility rules related to marketing consent date, I'm blocked on how to accomplish the multiple languages requirement.  Does anyone have a creative solution for this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You could add the "Email Opt In" field in a field set, apply the visibility rule to show/hide the field-set based on the "Consent Date" field, and use the visibility rule on the "Email Opt In" field to show the correct label based on the Country value. Also, if I'm not wrong, "Consent Date" would probably be a hidden field, and hence would need to have pre-fill enabled/configured at the very least.

View solution in original post

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Just wanted to add, that I generally like the idea of displaying/hiding the opt-in box based on the opt-in situation of a person. But: This requires the pre-fill functionality, and according to various GDPR interpretations that might not be legal, as the opt-in box must not be presented prefilled. And pre-filling a box and hiding it because it would be prefilled, is technically the same to me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

You could add the "Email Opt In" field in a field set, apply the visibility rule to show/hide the field-set based on the "Consent Date" field, and use the visibility rule on the "Email Opt In" field to show the correct label based on the Country value. Also, if I'm not wrong, "Consent Date" would probably be a hidden field, and hence would need to have pre-fill enabled/configured at the very least.

Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

Thank you Darshil. That recommendation worked! And correct, the Consent Date has pre-fill enabled.

Darshil_Shah1

Great! Glad to be of help and thank you for posting an update in the thread. I hope you saw Michael's comment as well. 🙂

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Just wanted to add, that I generally like the idea of displaying/hiding the opt-in box based on the opt-in situation of a person. But: This requires the pre-fill functionality, and according to various GDPR interpretations that might not be legal, as the opt-in box must not be presented prefilled. And pre-filling a box and hiding it because it would be prefilled, is technically the same to me.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But: This requires the pre-fill functionality, and according to various GDPR interpretations that might not be legal, as the opt-in box must not be presented prefilled. And pre-filling a box and hiding it because it would be prefilled, is technically the same to me.

Agreed. I am marking your answer as also Correct because it’s important to consider the regulatory environment.