SOLVED

Re: Custom Object Table Not Rendering Causes Velocity to Fail?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Custom Object Table Not Rendering Causes Velocity to Fail?

Hello all!
Have a ticket in with Support but curious on any thoughts on this strange situation. We've got an email that pulls in custom object record data for a certain type of account and had an instance where someone met the criteria (Smart List-wise and Velocity-wise) to receive the email BUT the script output table did not appear.

Here's where it gets weird - initially when I pulled up the object in the database in Edge and Chrome, the object loads but after the first 3 entries it looks like this:
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
The page then stalls and eventually crashes without loading. This Lead should have about 13-15 records so it's obviously not loading them in.

My initial Support response was that it was possible a cache/cookie issue and when I open that Lead in an incognito window it loads as it should.

What I'm confused by is when I do a specific "Preview by List" and replicate the list and Velocity parameters - why does my Velocity script seem to fail when previewing in standard Edge or Chrome but then it works fine and displays the table within the email in an incognito window?

Guess I'm confused why what seems to be a UI bug would cause the actual table load to fail in the email?

Note: It's (as far as I am aware) not a Velocity issue as the script works perfectly with other test cases.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Impossible to say without seeing the stored values. You could have an HTML element in a CO field, especially a <script>, which causes the browser to hang.

Also, it's better to avoid the word "table" when referring to COs. Even if they happen to be implemented in an RDBMS, for your purposes they're a collection of objects.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Impossible to say without seeing the stored values. You could have an HTML element in a CO field, especially a <script>, which causes the browser to hang.

Also, it's better to avoid the word "table" when referring to COs. Even if they happen to be implemented in an RDBMS, for your purposes they're a collection of objects.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Got it, I figured as such that it wouldn't be able to be diagnosed but was curious if anyone had encountered similar issues. I will go back to our data team to double-check if there's any issues there. 

nhabischWings
Level 5

To add to this if you're interested - after testing we're running into the loading issue for any Custom Object where a Lead has more than 8 or so records to load. Still weird in that in loads in Firefox and incognito modes but does not work in standard Edge and Chrome.

SanfordWhiteman

Well, the only diff between an Incognito window in which you’ve logged into Marketo and a standard window is the standard window presumably has a longer session history/bigger local app cache simply because of how long you’ve been using it!

If something weird happens in a standard window — unless Marketo made some fix to never let it happen again — it will eventually happen in an incognito window, as long as you use it long enough and/or in the same way.

I’m sure with direct access to your browser we could figure out exactly what’s overflowing. 8 records isn’t a lot, I can display 100s of CO records.