SOLVED

Marketo Database Version Check

Go to solution
Ashkhan_22
Level 1

Marketo Database Version Check

Hi team

can you please anyone let me know how to check database mysql version that marketo using.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Database Version Check

I don't believe that this type of information is readily accessible to end users, either through the GUI or the public APIs. Could you share the reason as to why do you want to know this?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

I don't believe that this type of information is readily accessible to end users, either through the GUI or the public APIs. Could you share the reason as to why do you want to know this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, implementation details like this aren’t relevant to anything you’d do with Marketo. (Nor to any other SaaS platform.)

Ashkhan_22
Level 1

We want to know the version of mysql which is using in marketo db.

that's what

we are planning to upgrade mysql version. that's what.

SanfordWhiteman

Users can’t perform upgrades to Marketo’s infrastructure. Not sure I understand why you’d be thinking such things are possible with a SaaS platform?

Darshil_Shah1

I don't completely understand this either, but to clarify, as an end user you're not be able to make SQL queries directly to Marketo/manage any of the backend infrastructure related things, so why worry about the MySQL version? The product team can take care of that for us! 😉

Alternatively, just to cover all the cases I could possibly think of based on your response: if you meant that you wish to update MySQL's version on your own managed system that also processes Marketo data (e.g., a homegrown managed BI platform) instead, then you can update its version w/o worrying about whether it'd be in parity with what version Marketo is currently using.

SanfordWhiteman

Alternatively, just to cover all the cases I could think of based on your response: if you meant that you wish to update MySQL's version on your own managed system that also processes Marketo data (e.g., a homegrown and managed BI platform) instead, then you can update its version w/o worrying about whether it'd be in parity with what version Marketo is currently using.

Yet even if it’s that, no reason to use MySQL internally! We have Marketo data in Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle, InfluxDB, Redis, a super old one on RethinkDB... whatever best fits the project.