SOLVED

Re: CTA in Lead Alert - When Clicked it Carries Lead Alert Info to LP Form

Go to solution
Kevin_Lustgarte
Level 3

CTA in Lead Alert - When Clicked it Carries Lead Alert Info to LP Form

Hoping someone has an idea how to do what I'm going to describe or a better alternative.

• We have a lead gen campaign. When a lead fills out a form Marketo sends a lead alert to one of our brokers, who are external to our company.
  • The broker follows up with the lead.
  • We have no visibility into what happens from there until the lead becomes a customer (if they do).

WE WANT SOME LEVEL OF FEEDBACK ON WHAT HAPPENED THOUGH

• There was a thought to add a CTA to the lead alert that the broker could click >> go to a landing page with a form >> and provide information about their interaction with the lead.
  • The key is to carry the lead information from the Lead Alert (which has Marketo fields incl. Company Name, Email, and more) over to the landing page when the broker clicks the CTA.
  • When the form is submitted by the broker it updates the original lead's record in Marketo. ("I called the lead on May 3rd and sent them a quote."

Hope that is enough of a description.

Is something like this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Simple.

Include the Email address in the query string and set it to Auto-Fill a Hidden form fields Make sure the form does not submit the Munchkin cookie.

You can include other fields in the query string if you like and just have them decorate other areas on the page (they do not need to be submitted along with the form, it’s best to only include Email because the other fields could theoretically have changed after the alert was sent).

I don’t see how this would be confusing if you name the form appropriately: Salesperson Self-Service Update. It’s like having a Referral Form — some forms aren’t submitted by leads themselves but that’s fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Logging form-fill activities on the lead record for the form-fills that they didn't do doesn't seem very appealing to me, instead, why don't you create a custom object linked with the person object and store the broker's conversation info there? CO records can be added/updated via a list import or API. Additionally, if your broker fills out the form with the person's email address, the broker would get cookied as the person's record itself and all the activity done by them (broker) would be logged in the person's activity log (which isn't a good idea IMO).

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Totally agree there, that would cause all sorts of problems. The only viable alternative would indeed be leveraging the API (if you want an automated process) to capture the feedback and store it in a custom object or custom activity.

SanfordWhiteman

Simple.

Include the Email address in the query string and set it to Auto-Fill a Hidden form fields Make sure the form does not submit the Munchkin cookie.

You can include other fields in the query string if you like and just have them decorate other areas on the page (they do not need to be submitted along with the form, it’s best to only include Email because the other fields could theoretically have changed after the alert was sent).

I don’t see how this would be confusing if you name the form appropriately: Salesperson Self-Service Update. It’s like having a Referral Form — some forms aren’t submitted by leads themselves but that’s fine.

Kevin_Lustgarte
Level 3

thank you for the reply. I like that the solution seems simple. I'm a bit lost on the query string bit but will work with my ETUMOS support person to implement. Have a good weekend

SanfordWhiteman

I'm a bit lost on the query string bit

Use this! 👇

A simple way to output query param values in the page body