SOLVED

Changing the URL of assets and thank you pages

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Changing the URL of assets and thank you pages

Our instance is setup up with our main business unit as the domain: i.e., info.companyname.com. However, we have other business units that we market to within our instance. I know that I can change the last part of a landing page URL through the URL settings, but I recently learned that I can also change the first part to read info.businessunit.com/..., by simply changing the first part and inserting that into something like an email link, and it will route to the same page. In other words, the prospect arrives at info.businessunit.com, but the page in Marketo is info.companyname.com, and it is identical. That way a prospect that only engages us through the business unit won't get confused when they arrive at a landing page with an unfamiliar company name. 

I am wondering if a similar thing can be done for uploaded assets. For example, if John goes to our landing page of info.businessunit.com/landing_page and fills out the form for the white paper, we don't want the white paper's URL to read info.ourcompany.com/whitepaper in the URL, but rather info.businessunit.com/whitepaper. We would prefer for it to be consistent. Is that possible?? Also, I'm finding that I can't do the same thing with the thank you landing page. This is because the thank you page is determined through the form, which forces you to use the info.companyname.com. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Changing the URL of assets and thank you pages

@Jeff S The Thank You page can go anywhere you want using the 'External URL' option. Also, the Forms 2.0 API allows you to redirect the user anywhere you want using the onSuccess handler.  You can definitely preserve your business unit branding.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you setup the Domain Aliases, you should be able to use this for uploaded assets. Just test it.
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

You can use Marketo with multiple domains, but be aware that cookies created on a visit to one domain are not available to another domain.  Check out the Add additional  Landing Page CNAMEs help article. 
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Thank you both; and good resource, Tara, thanks!
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Jeff S The Thank You page can go anywhere you want using the 'External URL' option. Also, the Forms 2.0 API allows you to redirect the user anywhere you want using the onSuccess handler.  You can definitely preserve your business unit branding.