How to manage users using plugins such as Ghostery

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to manage users using plugins such as Ghostery

Hi, 

I'm new on marketo, just a few days of usage. My company is already using it for severall month.

I got some feedback from customers that they were not able to see the webforms. 

When looking deeper I understood that Marketo webforms were blocked because of the javascript. What are the options we could have so that they could still access a webforms.

This customer had installed in his browser Ghostery. But I had other similar feedbacks from customers

thanks in advance for your help
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to manage users using plugins such as Ghostery

What exactly do they mean?

Are you using embed code on your website?
Do you have custom javascript doing things on the form?
Can you replicate the error when you turn off javascript?

Marketo standard forms rely on javscript for lots of things. Prefill and progressive won't work if it is off. Not a big deal, but the lead should still see the form.

I don't know what Ghostery is.
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Unfortunately, the way Ghostery blocks Marketo directly conflicts with Forms 2.0 placed on external pages; you can get around this by embedding the original form style or using the API to pass form data from a neutral form.

That being said, I would perhaps advise your customers to unblock the Analytics trackers section in Ghostery, which Marketo is filed under. It also has the most "benign" trackers of any category.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Courtney mentioned, one alternative would be using your own form if the Marketo form is blocked, and then submit data using a server-side form post:

http://developers.marketo.com/blog/server-side-form-post/