Re: Adobe Certifications Renewals are now Free!

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Adobe Certifications Renewals are now Free!

Hello from Adobe Certification! 

Adobe Marketo Engage certification renewals just became more convenient than ever.

Say goodbye to scheduling your proctored exam. With this new renewal format, you can renew your Adobe Marketo Engage Expert level certification via on-demand renewal exams at no cost.

**Please note that only the Adobe Marketo Engage Expert level certification is available for on-demand, no-costs renewals at this time. The renewal exam for the Professional level (formerly "MCA") will be made available in June 2023, and the Master level (formerly "MCSA") renewal exam will be available in the future. 

Visit Adobe Marketo Engage Renewal Guide to learn more and renew your Analytics certification today! If you have any questions, please refer to these FAQs, or contact certif@adobe.com. 

Thanks,

Adobe Certification Team

8 REPLIES 8
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Just wanted to mention that on Certmetrics it actually says this:

Adobe Marketo Certification Renewal

Certified Professional Renewal

The Adobe certification program will launch the renewal exam in the second half of 2023.

(https://www.certmetrics.com/adobe/candidate/news_item_details.aspx?naid=36)

I find that confusing.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Michael_Florin, AFAICT Adobe has launched the renewal exam just for the full-length Adobe Certified Expert Business Practitioner exam (AD0-E559) now. The new renewal exam is called Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Renewal (AD5-E824).

They would release a similar renewal exam for the Adobe Certified Professional Business Practitioner exam (AD0-E555) in the second half of 2023 (as per the note on Certmetrics). But until then, people who'd like to renew their Adobe Certified Professional Business Practitioner (AD0-E555) certification would need to appear for the full-length exam. I hope this makes sense and is helpful in clearing away some clouds.

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hey @Michael_Florin Here's the response I got back from our Certification team

"We believe you're referring to the Professional renewal exams. The renewal exam for the Certified Professional exam will launch sometime in June 2023 so candidates who have active Professional certifications can renew by passing the renewal exam rather than retaking the full exam to renew.

The free renewal announcement above refers to Expert level Marketo certifications."

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any follow-up questions. 

ShannonKPerkuto
Level 3

@Jon_Chen , the free, unproctored renewal exam is NOT available for the Masters level, per the link provided: Certification Renewal: Adobe Marketo Engage. "As this new Adobe Certified Master launched less than two years ago, there is not yet an on-demand renewal exam available." 

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

@ShannonKPerkuto Yes, you are correct. We apologize for the confusion. While there are master level on-demand renewal exams for other solutions, there is not one available for Marketo yet, but you can expect one in the future. Thank you for addressing this.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Great development! For the old "purple" folks among us a little guide:

• MCA level is not available yet (this is the new "Professional" level which will become available later this year).
  • MCE is the one that is now available ("Expert")
  • MCSA is not available yet ("Master"). If you got your MCSA the old fashioned way with the interview you have to renew using the new proctored multiple choice full version first.
Michael_Florin
Level 10

If I have "Master", do I also need to renew "Expert"? To me it seems as if Master has extended Expert:

Michael_Florin_0-1674810624029.png

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hey @Michael_Florin 

This was the old Marketo Certified Solution Architect (MCSA). In the old format, to renew the MCSA, the candidate would need to pass the latest Expert exam.

However, the MCSA retired on February 2022, and so in October 2023, the candidate will need to pass the new Adobe Certified Master Marketo exam.