🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@Vinay_Kumar  Try this link: https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/248

Seemed to be 404 problems across exam prep links since Friday.

Today it works if you go  to the Architect  Certificate page. then to the exam prep

@Josh_Hill13   @Jon_Chen 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

The link definitely was working, hopefully it will be back up soon.

Great answers everyone! Most of the job is understanding those implications on People, Process, Tech.

And yes, Marketo is truly a workflow engine that can be creatively leveraged to bring experiences to life.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Thanks @Zoe_Forman. The link is working now. 

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for calling this out. We had an issue with the URLs breaking after the exam content was updated. Please access the below links for your Exam Prep Guides moving forward.

Adobe Marketo Engage (AD0-E555)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/247

Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner  (AD0-E559)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/144

Adobe Marketo Engage Architect (AD0-E560)

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/248

We will be setting up redirects for the broken links shortly.

Josh_Hill13

Ok! How is everyone doing? Any one have a question about the topics?

Here is a survey we'd like you to take if you have a moment to get an Exam Voucher of 50% off.

https://forms.office.com/r/M0QZUCbAKG

I'll post new questions soon.

Josh_Hill13

Let's try one of the key topics from Section 2: Marketo Engage Architecture:

Outline an operational procedure for lead routing multiple countries

I'm looking for smart campaigns and how you would leverage the fields involved to be most efficient.

Identify how to manage a change to Lead Scoring for Behaviors within Marketo.

Again, setup a Program and Smart Campaigns. Are you taking advantage of how Marketo scales this up?

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Answering the first part:

Operational Procedure for Lead Routing in Adobe Marketo for Multiple Countries

Working with Sales Team and other stakeholders Define the Goal

To effectively route leads from multiple countries to the appropriate sales teams using Adobe Marketo's features like smart campaigns, scoring tokens, and segmentations.

Create custom fields to store lead scores,  and create tokens for each scoring category. For example:

- {{my.Behaviour Score}}

- {{my.Demographic Score}}

- {{my.Geographic Score}}

- For each token, establish rules based on lead actions and attributes. For example:

- {{my.Behaviour Score}} increases by 10 for form submissions.

- {{my.Demographic Score}} increases by 20 for job title matches.

- {{my.Geographic Score}} increases by 30 for leads from preferred countries.

Create Segmentations

- Determine the segments based on geographic regions (e.g., North America, EMEA, APAC) or countries.

- Add segments based on country-specific fields. For example:

- Segment 1: Countries = [USA, Canada] (North America)

- Segment 2: Countries = [UK, Germany, France] (EMEA)

- Segment 3: Countries = [Japan, China, Australia] (APAC)

- Save and activate the segmentation to make it available for use in smart campaigns.

Set Up Smart Campaigns for Lead Routing and create new smart campaigns for each region.

Activate Campaign Triggers such as:

- "Data Value Changes" for lead fields.

- If score = MQL value change status to MQL and hand off to SFDC

- "Lead Score Changes" to capture significant scoring updates.

Use Filters for Specific Countries in a region to ensure only leads from specific countries enter the campaign. For example:

- Country = USA, Canada for the North America campaign.

- Country = UK, Germany, France for the EMEA campaign.

Define Flow Actions:

- Assigning leads to the appropriate sales teams or queues.

- Sending Sales Alert email notifications to sales representatives.

- Changing lead statuses based on the score or geographic location.

Utilise Geographic Fields and filters

- Use country, region, and city fields to segment leads accurately and route them accordingly.

Person score combines behavioor, demographic, and geographic scores to prioritise high-quality leads – establish MQL score level

Reporting  to track the performance of your lead routing campaigns.

- Monitor key metrics such as lead response time, conversion rates, and sales feedback.

Optimise Scoring Rules periodically review and adjust scoring rules based on performance data and feedback from the sales team.

Update segmentations as needed to reflect changes in market focus or business strategy.

By following this operational procedure, you can efficiently route leads in  Marketo based on their geographic location and lead scores, ensuring that the right leads are assigned to the appropriate sales teams promptly. Regular discussions with sales team and stakeholders to review business needs, score or segment changes.

Josh_Hill13

What are some of the tradeoffs using a Triggered DVC vs Batch vs Another option?

Carlito_Jay_Ala
Level 2

Please correct me if I am wrong: triggered DVC or any trigger filters uses more resources in the backend. It may not be noticeable with few trigger campaigns but as the org grows, more trigger flows could slow down the instance.

stmpjmpr
Josh_Hill13

That's true. Which is why the use case is important to understand. As Zoe mentioned, MQLs may require a triggered action.

I'd likely only run an Inbound MQL trigger (assuming that's the requirement) because those should get an immediate response. For those who score above the threshold, how sure are we that a triggered vs daily batch is what we want?