🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Vinay_Kumar
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thanks @Jon_Chen 

@Josh_Hill13 Will you be sharing some links or study materials with us to start our preparation?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Vinay,

Please start with the links at the top of the thread. I urge you - and everyone - to post questions about practice exams or concepts you aren't sure about. That's the best way for me to get you help in this first stage.

Test Topic Overview

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/playScorm/619?%2Fcourses%2FplayScorm%2F619

Also begin reviewing the Test Topics you are LEAST familiar with. I suspect that may be:

Also review any System Audit blog posts, docs, or docs you created. I see they ask about that.

Josh_Hill13

I added some links to the above to help you get started.

Vinay_Kumar

Thanks @Josh_Hill13, I'll cover these topics.

Josh_Hill13

Hi folks - Friday Quiz! This is for the Identifying Stakeholders and System Implications. Post your thoughts!

You are asked to build a click to calendar solution that allows a customer to book a time with a Sales Rep for a Demo. Who are the stakeholders that could be involved?

You are asked to build a click to calendar solution that allows a customer to book a time with a Sales Rep for a Demo. Which systems may be involved and which fields could be impacted?

You are asked to link Leads to their GCLID by the digital ad marketing team. What steps do you go through to design the solution? What is your proposed solution? [Hint: search the community]

@Carlito_Jay_Ala 

@Zoe_Forman 

@Vinay_Kumar 

@sydney 

@EdusBro

@Blake-Lucid 

@caseytmuller 

sydney
Level 2

You are asked to build a click to calendar solution that allows a customer to book a time with a Sales Rep for a Demo. Who are the stakeholders that could be involved?

• BDR/SDR team (we personally route leads to BDRs for scoping prior to an AE demo) , Sales team (who should leads be routed to based on what factors, any qualifying factors to book a meeting), Sales Ops team (figuring out what information needs to get passed to Salesforce and in what formatting or if it’s a tool like LeanData that needs to be implemented in Salesforce scoping that out), Digital Marketing/Web master (if something needs to be added to the website that doesn’t already exist). 

You are asked to build a click to calendar solution that allows a customer to book a time with a Sales Rep for a Demo. Which systems may be involved and which fields could be impacted?

• Systems: Marketo, Salesforce, Lead Routing + Meeting Booking tool (LeanData, Chilipiper, etc), company’s calendar systems to integrate with (Google, Outlook, etc.) 
  • Fields Impacted: For us our automation qualified program & date would be impacted, lead score, contact/lead status . 

You are asked to link Leads to their GCLID by the digital ad marketing team. What steps do you go through to design the solution? What is your proposed solution? [Hint: search the community]

• Create GA & Marketo connection via LaunchPoint 
  • Turn on auto-tagging in Google platforms 
  • Create a GCLID Marketo custom field + map to Salesforce 
  • Add a hidden field on your form to capture the GCLID value so as to add it to the person’s profile upon submission 

Let me know if you have feedback or if I'm missing things! 

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @Josh_Hill13 and @sydney 

My thoughts are very much aligned with Sydney.

Stakeholders: Sales Reps, CRM team, IT, Marketo Admin, RevOps (including customer service) also should be aligning with business goals so Senior management / Leadership teams. Being in Europe I would sometimes run through our legal team to ensure new platforms and processes are GDPR compliant.

Systems: Marketo (MAP) & Salesforce (CRM) admins. Plus other integration owners these could be under MOPS, IT or REVOPS teams around Lead scoring and routing, calendars, Meeting Booking tools.

Impacted fields can also include: Person Score, Person Status (from Marketing Acquired to Marketing Qualified to Sales Assigned), Marketo Program Status and member status (success), is the person to be added to a SFDC Campaign? Lead Owner changes in CRM. Tracking acquisition and last touch channels (using UTM's).

Nothing to add to GCLID, but read the documentation as a gap in my knowledge - this mentor program is as much about identifying knowledge gaps and learning and maybe a few months before I'm confident  have found and understood features or processes that I don't use.

Making me appreciate how powerful and customisable Marketo really is - I knew it was the best ! now being confirmed.

So more reading and research topics for me to get stuck into.

Thanks Josh for the questions to make us think, research and investigate.

Vinay_Kumar

Sales Team, Marketing Ops Team, CRM Admin

Systems Impacted:
Marketo, CRM, Calendar Tool (if any), Analytics tool

Fields:
Demographic fields (such as Name, email etc.)
Activity Fields(such as demo date, product interest, source etc.)

You are asked to link Leads to their GCLID by the digital ad marketing team. What steps do you go through to design the solution? What is your proposed solution?

Not sure much on this, I'll research more on it. But, here are the few steps that should be considered:
1. analyze the current set up and determine how the GCLID is being captured.
2. Review LPs and forms to check if they are set up to capture GCLID or not.
3. Create a custom field to capture the details
4. Add script on the LP and use hidden fields on the forms.

Carlito_Jay_Ala
Level 2

Hey, I know this is a little late but here's my take on this.

CA: Sales (BDR, SDR) to identify meeting/lead routing rules; Web/MOps dev team (depending on where the channel is) for implementing necessary scripts to make the calendar tool work; Calendar tool admin; MOps/Marketo owner

CA: Systems would be Marketo, CRM, Calendar tool (ex. Chili Piper), Calendar (Google or Outlook). As for the fields, demographics, meeting details (where is it booked from, meeting assignee), lead stats/score will be impacted considering the outcome of the meeting (attended/no show) or even the possibility that a lead might just click on book a demo but did not actually proceed to book a demo. Ownership fields will be impacted too in case based on meeting routing rules.

CA: I'd think the steps would involved Web/SEO team to generate the script needed to capture GCLID and then push it as a parameter or a cookie value. Then using Marketo REST API to push the data to Marketo. I've seen some posts as well that uses a Marketo form with a hidden field for GCLID via URL parameter.

stmpjmpr
Vinay_Kumar

Hi @Jon_Chen @Josh_Hill13 The Exam Prep Guide link is not working. Please check once.