🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Josh Hill (@Josh_Hill13) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Josh:

JoshHill.png

Josh Hill is a marketing technology and operations leader who builds go-to-market infrastructure for the full customer lifecycle. He has led global martech teams delivering large scale lead flow, campaign operations, and omnichannel capabilities. He has 20+ years of experience in technology, sales, and B2B marketing. Over his career Josh has worked with dozens of organizations and thousands of marketing operations professionals to accelerate their funnels and careers. 

Aspirants mapped to @Josh_Hill13 

1. @Carlito_Jay_Ala 
  2. @Zoe_Forman 
  3. @Vinay_Kumar 
  4. @sydney 
  5. @EdusBro
  6. @Blake-Lucid 
  7. @caseytmuller 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Josh, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Josh and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

40 REPLIES 40
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hey folks! 

Welcome to the thread. Let's get started! Who has a question?

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Hill] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @Josh_Hill13 and others in this Architect Mentor Program cohort.

I have been using Marketo for 5+ years and have a varied background in Marketing Operations, Marketing, and Product Design engineering.

I work in-house for MSA Safety, a global safety product manufacturer. Based in the United Kingdom, I am one of two global Marketo admins, and I lead the International - EMEA and APAC marketing operations team—a small but mighty team of three. I have gone from a team of one to new hires who have just joined in the last 2 months. Other users in the Americas, we all share one instance.

We have several integrations with Marketo at the centre, and I implemented the most recent ones myself, including Salesforce for International, last August plus OKTOPOST, ON24, CAPTELLO. I love to know how to build and they work together, as this is great for problem-solving and investigations

We do not have all the extra Marketo features for reporting and Sales Insights, so I need to find my knowledge gaps where I have not been exposed or have experience. We use PowerAutomate and SFDC for campaign, revenue, and influence reporting. Activities, emails, form fills, events, and programs are reported within Marketo.

I am looking forward to the coming weeks - summer study is like being back at school! Apart from my Marketo MCE, I haven't taken exams for decades, and the exam nerves are real!

Feel free to find me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/zoe-forman

Thanks, Zoe

Vinay_Kumar
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi @Josh_Hill13 and my fellow aspirants,

Nice to meet everyone! I am so excited to start and learn with you.

I am Vinay Kumar Pathania. Based in India, I am currently working as an Assistant Manager, Marketing Automation at Grazitti Interactive. I have been using Marketo since 2018 and hold three Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) certifications.

caseytmuller
Level 1

Hey Josh and fellow aspirants,

I'm Casey, and I couldn't be more thrilled to join this mentorship program. With 14 years in marketing operations, I've had the privilege of optimizing campaigns and spearheading digital innovations with Marketo. I'm working as an independent consultant, helping clients enhance their Marketo instances. Early in my career, Josh's Marketing Rockstar Guides were invaluable in helping me navigate the complexities of Marketo, and I'm excited to continue learning under his mentorship.

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caseytmuller/

I'm looking forward to learning and growing with all of you!

Casey Muller
sydney
Level 2

Hi Josh & fellow aspirants! 

I'm Sydney, Digital + Marketing Operations Manager at Numerator. I own both marketing operations and digital marketing functions. I have 5 years of experience in the area and my MCE. Looking forward to getting to know and preparing with all of you for the exam! 

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @Josh_Hill13 

We don't use Revenue Explorer or Performance Insights or Marketo Sales Insights.

We currently report out from Marketo Channels and via Salesforce campaigns and dashboards also using PowerBi to mash and merge data.

How much revision and familiarisation do I need with the inbuilt Marketo programs mentioned?

Thanks, Zoe 

Josh_Hill13

Hi Zoe,

From the test outline, you can expect questions on

Revenue Cycle Explorer (RCE)

Revenue Cycle Model (RCM)
Program Channel Reports

the funnel reports and how they work

So understanding Program Channel Steps and Success points is the first part. I recommend going into the docs and walking through each of the topics. There is some memorization here. In the past, things like Cost Period and how Cost and ROI is attributed and divided amongst Programs are questions.

If you already do a lot of conversion and funnel analysis in PowerBI, then the general concepts are also in RCM/RCE. But the KEY is how "Marketo thinks about it" and ties that back to the Program Channel and Period Costs.

Josh_Hill13

Anyone have a focus area for practice questions?

Carlito_Jay_Ala
Level 2

Hello @Josh_Hill13 and fellow aspirants! I 'm Carl and I currently work at RingCentral as a Sr. Architect, Marketing Technology. My primary focus right now is evaluating, designing, implementing, and monitoring Marketo integrations. I've been a Marketo user since 2017 and hold three MCEs and ever since I earned my first one, I've been eager to pursue an MCSA. However, a previous requirement (RingCentral being a Marketo customer and MCSA being exclusive to partners) prevented me from getting one. So I'm thrilled that Adobe has lifted that restriction, and for this mentorship program!

I'm so excited to learn from all of you and also share things I know that can help us get this certification. ☺️

stmpjmpr