🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Kym_Harper
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

The answer is #2. Easy one 🙂

EllenSchwier
Level 5

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

And a bonus one for you today: Identify and apply the appropriate use of the PMCF

Which of the following is a correct use of a Program Member Custom Field?

1. This is the only program where you ask for Preferred Contact Method, so you create a PMCF to store the data at the program level

2.  You want to consistently overwrite the Last Meaningful Interaction field with the most recent value, so you create a PMCF to store the data at the Person level

2. In every program, you want to capture the UTM Source for form fills, so you create a PMCF to store the values at a program level

Kym_Harper
Level 2

I will let someone else take this one! But I do have a hunch 🙂

joelfernandoLTI
Level 2

I haven't yet used PMCF, but my basic thinking says it should option 3 - to retain UTM source at program level than to overwrite it

Oye_Bubbly
keonimira
Level 2

+1 on #3

EllenSchwier
Level 5

Yup!

Another scenario I have encountered a lot is that you want to insert custom/personalized information into an email in one specific program only, so you upload that data to PMCF fields in the program to insert the data into the email. 

Note: If you want to upload PMCF data to a program, you HAVE to select an Acquisition Program in the list upload process. 

Any other scenarios you have already used PMCF fields?

EllenSchwier
Level 5

Let's take a look at this topic: Demonstrate the capabilities of forms

You can think of things like stored values versus display values, visibility rules, hidden fields capturing UTM parameter values, progressive profiling, etc. 

Ellen has set up a form with pre-fill enabled on all fields, but she is hearing from her team that the form is almost never pre-filling for website visitors. In what scenario will form pre-fill work?

1. When visiting the main website via a Marketo email

2. When a cookied visitor visits a Marketo landing page

3. When someone clicks from a Marketo email to a Marketo landing page

Fun fact: Marketo upgraded their logic for required fields in combination with visibility rules. It used to be that you could not have fields with visibility rules be required (because the form would not submit if the "required field" was empty and not shown). But now the "required" feature only applies if the field is visible as well. 

Natali_teplit1
Level 1

Hi Ellen, 

I believe the answer is 2, when a cookied visitor visits a Marketo landing page. The cookie stores the persons information that is then used for the pre-fill. 

Kym_Harper
Level 2

+1 on #2!

keonimira
Level 2

+1 on #2