🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

EllenSchwier
Level 5

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

A lot of the Expert exam questions want to check that you understand how to manage an instance and troubleshoot problems (what exactly is going wrong here?!?). So, first question for you all:

Executable campaigns

- What's the main advantage in using them?

- What are the scenarios in which they won't work?

- How does the Remove from Flow step impact executable campaigns?

- Any fun experience you have had using them?

Tags (1)
keonimira
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

- What's the main advantage in using them?

Automate and streamline workflows completing each step before moving on to the next 

- What are the scenarios in which they won't work?

Triggers, webhooks, and wait steps

- How does the Remove from Flow step impact executable campaigns?

Removes leads and contacts

EllenSchwier
Level 5

Correct on all points! Only two things I would add to this:

- Executable campaigns will not work across workspaces and cannot be cloned across workspaces

- When you use the Remove from Flow step in an Executable campaign you are also removing them from the smart campaign that called the executable campaign (which might create a scenario to use a Request Campaign flow step anyway).

The classic example for using executable campaigns is in your data management processes where you need country cleaned up before you route to sales. First execute the country clean up campaign, then send the sales alert based on country. For example.

joelfernandoLTI
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Max Garrett] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hey Team,

Joel Fernando here from LTIMindtree Corporate Digital Marketing from India! steering LTIM's Global Marketing Automation ship.

We made the leap from Eloqua to Marketo about a year back, and boy, can I already feel the Marketo magic working its wonders!

I'm thrilled to get to know each of you and tap into your expertise to help us shine bright in our respective domains!

Big shoutout to our mentor @Max_Garrett —who’s steering the ship toward success. , I’m looking forward to connecting with you. (And hey, I think we’re already LinkedIn buddies! 🤝) Cheers, mate! 🥂Let's rock this together! 🚀

Oye_Bubbly
EllenSchwier
Level 5

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Max Garrett] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Joel, it's great to meet you! I agree with the Marketo magic assessment! I like to say that there are always three ways to do the same thing in Marketo and it just depends on what best fits your company. I love the flexibility.  What's the biggest advantage you've seen so far?

WiseBritt08
Level 1

My name is Brittney Wise and I reside in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I have been employed as a Senior Marketing Analyst at Lumen Technologies since September 2021. In September 2023, I obtained the Adobe Marketo Engage Certified Professional certification. My goal is to attain the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert certification by the conclusion of the mentorship program. I look forward to learning from you all.

EllenSchwier
Level 5

Hi Brittney,  it's great to meet you! The biggest difference between the Professional and Expert exams will be the Admin settings and troubleshooting problems. As an analyst, are you focused mostly on reporting in Marketo?

Kym_Harper
Level 2

The link to the exam prep guide in Adobe experience league is 404'ing out when I try to access it on this page:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/certification/program/technical-certifications/ame/ame-ex...

Where can we find this?

Kym_Harper
Level 2

Found other instructions that the group might find useful. See attached.Adobe.JPG

keonimira
Level 2

You beat me to it! Was also going to share this one 🙂