🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

keonimira
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Kym,
This may be outdated, but this what I found. If anyone else has a revised source, please let me know and I'll remove this reply. Either way, hope this helps 🙂
https://go.marketo.com/rs/561-HYG-937/images/MarketoMCEPrepGuide2.pdf
EllenSchwier
Level 5

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ellen Schwier] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi,

You do need to create an account (with the online exam platform) to access some of the materials. Are you able to access this link?

https://scorpion.caveon.com/launchpad/ad-q-e558-readiness-questionnaire-for-adobe-marketo-engage-bus...

But this is also the best overview of what you can expect on the exam:

Section 1: Administration and Maintenance (12%)

• Determine mapping process between Marketo and CRM
  • Identify what happened to an asset using the Audit Trail
  • Recognize differences between users and roles
  • Given a scenario, identify the best fit for using workspace and partitions
  • Identify CRM platforms with native Marketo synchronization
  • Given a scenario, locate where information is referenced

Section 2: Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

• Demonstrate an understanding of Smart Campaigns, logic, constraints and flow steps
  • Given a scenario, define the next step
  • Identify the root cause of a problem
  • Interpret the relationship between programs, channels, tags and period cost
  • Demonstrate/apply the correct configuration to Engagement Programs
  • Give examples of usage for different types of tokens
  • Summarize the utility of Webhooks in Marketo and how they are used
  • Identify and apply the appropriate use of the PMCF
  • Explain the benefits of Global Assets and how to use them
  • Demonstrate the capabilities of forms
  • Perform and analyze an A/B test strategy
  • Identify where a program or asset has been referenced with ‘Used By’
  • Troubleshoot communication limits
  • Use Webinar provider information in an event program

Section 3: Lead Management (12%)

• Outline the key decision points in defining the lifecycle model
  • Apply best practices around lead scoring
  • Implement the appropriate interesting moments
  • Interpret the lead activity log
  • Given a scenario, identify the creation source

Section 4: Data Management (10%)

• Demonstrate how to set up a data management program
  • Analyze an instance’s data quality
  • Identify a few key pieces of Marketo’s data retention policy as it relates to smart lists
  • Summarize how segmentation works

Section 5: Reporting (4%)

• Given an outcome of a campaign, determine how to set up a program to provide the best reporting
  • Given a scenario, be able to investigate and assign the appropriate acquisition program

Section 6: Best Practices (16%)

• Demonstrate the relevance of lead scoring in marketing and sales collaboration
  • Illustrate the benefits of the folder structure and naming conventions
  • Apply best practices around A/B testing
  • Explain the process to perform a quality check on any Marketo program
  • Explain the process to perform a quality check on an email
EllenSchwier
Level 5

Hi all,

I'm going to be posting sample questions (of my own creation, so no promise of how similar they will be to the real exam questions....although I have helped write exam questions before). If you check back every day, I should have new questions for you.

1. @Isabella_Saturn 
  2. @Kym_Harper 
  3. @Nitesh 
  4. @Jen_Dearinger
  5. @ToddRoll8
  6. @Luana_Iftimie 
  7. @jonathanmoreira 
  8. @WiseBritt08 
  9. @Natali_teplit1 
  10. @joelfernandoLTI 
EllenSchwier
Level 5

And an overview for this one: Give examples of usage for different types of tokens

What are the different types of tokens in Marketo?

• System tokens - things like {{system.date}} which can be used to stamp, for example, when someone opted-in. What other scenarios would you use system tokens?
  • Program tokens - things like {{my.Webinar Name}} which can easily be used in example programs to make cloning and updating easier. Things that are consistent between programs with different values. Do you know how program tokens are affected by Executable campaigns?
  • Person tokens - things like {{lead.First Name}} which can be used to personalize emails or transfer values between fields. Do you know why they start with "lead" and not "person"?
  • Company tokens - things like {{Company.Company Name}}. Same as person tokens. 😉
  • Trigger tokens - things like {{trigger.Name}} which can be used in Interesting Moments, data management flow steps, or to personalize emails. Do you know how Custom Objects behave with trigger tokens? When they will work and when they will not?

Fun Fact: Marketo documentation talks about trigger tokens "for Interesting Moments" but they also work in many other scenarios, and they will also work for a lot more triggers than listed in the documentation (for example with custom objects, data value changes, etc).

What questions do you have about tokens?

keonimira
Level 2

I'll take a shot on System Tokens:

System tokens can be used in several ways, but in my experience they’re more commonly used to render the specific date, time, or date and time an activity took place. They’ll work in Change Data Value, Interesting Moment, and Create Task flow steps, and can also be used in the body of an email or template. Other uses could be to Forward to Friend, Unsubscribe Link, and View as Webpage Link. Using the {{system.forwardtofriendlink}} token which would allow you track and add a new person when the link is used. Using {{system.unsubscribelink}} token or {{system.viewAsWebpageLink}} token allows you to control the placement of the links in an email.
EllenSchwier
Level 5

That is a very good summary! 🙂

keonimira
Level 2

*Program tokens - Do you know how program tokens are affected by Executable campaigns?
Executable campaigns allow for program level tokens to be accessible via a centralized executable campaign that can be called by smart campaigns across your instance.

*Person Tokens - Do you know why they start with "lead" and not "person"?
To avoid confusion with the lead entity in the CRM
EllenSchwier
Level 5

Hi all. Let's talk about data retention! Identify a few key pieces of Marketo’s data retention policy as it relates to smart lists. I've seen these questions pop up a lot on the exam, but usually as one of the answers, for example:

Ellen is reporting on form conversions across the past 5 years to identify trends and best performing content. She is using a smart list with the "Filled out form" filter to identify which people filled out specific forms over time. While she knows that there was a very successful content item three years ago, she is not seeing any results. What could be causing this?

1. Marketo only stores form fill data for 25 months

2. Marketo only stores Filled Out Form program statuses for 25 months

3. Marketo only reports on form conversions via Analytics, and not Smart Lists

I recommend checking out this post to refresh your knowledge on which activities are stored for 90 days and which are stored for 25 months: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/marketo-activities-data-retention-policy/ta-p/251480#:~:...

Bonus question! Ellen wants to avoid this problem in the future. What would be the best way for her to set up Marketo to handle this kind of reporting in the future?

1. Set up a smart campaign in a program to track when a person fills out a specific form, add them to a static list. When reporting, export all static lists to compare performance of different forms/programs.

2. Set up a smart campaign in a program to track when a person fills out a specific form, update their program status to Filled Out Form, and have that status as a program success. Use a Program Performance Report to compare performance of different forms/programs.

3. Set up a smart campaign in a program to track when a person fills out a specific form, update their program status to Filled Out Form, and have that status as a program success. Use a People Performance Report to compare performance of different forms/programs.

(Also, beware questions like this one on the exam...there are a few with really long answers and only one word different so you need to read carefully. Take your time during the exam to not get "caught" by these questions).

keonimira
Level 2

I believe the answer to the original question is #1 - Marketo only stores form fill data for 25 months.

For the Bonus question.. I'm going with #3 - People Performance Report
EllenSchwier
Level 5

Let's take a look at this one: Given a scenario, identify the creation source.

You have a new lead in your database and you want to know where they came from. You notice that the "Original Search Engine" field is filled with Linkedin.com and the "Registration Source Type" field is filled with Web Form Fillout. Without looking at the Activity Log, what can you assume about this person?

1. They entered the database by filling out a LinkedIn Lead Gen Form

2. They entered the database by filling out a Marketo form after visiting from LinkedIn

3. They entered the database via the LinkedIn integration to push advertising audiences