Re: Zoom Webinar Unique Link for Marketo Emails

Ashley_D_Innoce
Level 2

Zoom Webinar Unique Link for Marketo Emails

Hi All,

We have a zoom webinar coming up and I am having difficulty getting the unique meeting invite link from zoom to Marketo. I have dug through all of the Zoom & Marketo set up docs and can't find anything useful for this. 

Ultimately what I want is to send a branded email from Marketo that has a meeting link attendees can use so that we know who actually attended. I have the webhook set up and the tokens in the program but I am at a loss for what I need to do next so when they click "attend webinar" they will get the right, unique link so we can track who attended.

Thanks,

Ashley 

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you have the join_url in the webhook response mapped to a Marketo field - then that's the URL! Note it only handles one webinar at a time, juggling multiple webinars is annoying as you need multiple webhooks (in order to map join_url to different Mkto fields).

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.00.39 PM.png

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Unless something has changed, while you can get the join URL as Sanford mentioned, I don't think you can get attendees automatically from Zoom, which is annoying. So you can automate the joining process, but you can't automate "sorry you missed it", or "thanks for attending" emails. Only a partial solution I'm afraid.

Which stinks, because Zoom is otherwise amazing!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's a Custom Object (claimed) integration - which I haven't tried - so maybe?

Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

I had the same issue and with the new documentation they released recently, they've changed it around:

https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/marketo

Although even using this, I still had to use the direct link as I couldn't get the custom one to appear, although I am looking into this one in a bit more detail.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly but I don't see anything about pushing the attendance status back to Marketo, or the use of a Marketo custom object?

Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

It's all done pretty much automatically through that integration. We've just done a webinar and all the information has come through for attendance. Just need to get it into Salesforce now....

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Ashley_D_Innoce ,

Can you clarify if you are using the LaunchPoint integration or Webhooks to connect to Zoom?

If Lauchpoint:

• Use this token in the email confirmation:  {{member.webinar url}}
  • First flow step change program status -> Registered
  • 2nd flow step Send confirmation email with token
  • Try adding a 1 or 2 minute wait step in between flow steps 1 and 2 if  you still see issues.

thanks,

Oz

Michael_Witt
Level 1

Hi @Oz_Platero 

This all makes sense to me. I have set up using a launchpoint integration following this doc: https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/marketo.

My flow step moves people to a registered status and then fires a confirmation email. 

I placed the {{member.webinar url}} token in my confirmation email, but the token is not populating. It just stays blank. 

My registrations still push through to Zoom so the connection seems to be working. Any ideas on troubleshooting this?

Thanks. 

Ashley_D_Innoce
Level 2

Thanks all for the responses, it seems like i just need to create some token that links to the join url. I set up a launchpoint and webhook, basically did all of the steps that are explained in the articles marketo and zoom have, it just seems like they leave little details like the url token out.